The Dive Stop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I saw a few things on The Dive Stop website that some of you locals may be interested in and I just wanted to pass them along...

For the weekend of April 11th and 12th 2009
If you buy a season pass, You will receive two FREE daily entry passes!
AND a card for 10 air fills

We are also giving away air fill cards. For every 10 fills you will receive 2 free!

COLD CASH!
In the quarry at Dive Stop, We have hidden two disk.
One for a FREE single season pass
One for a FREE family season pass

Refer a friend
If you refer a friend to Dive Stop
You will receive 10 to 20% off courses

By the way before anyone asks. No, I do not work for The Dive Stop, it is just a local quarry that I would like to see succeed.

Phil

Wow.. lucky I didn't get my season pass yet :D

Guess I'm going diving this weekend.

Phil, you think he put the passes in the black hole? :p

There is probably a good chance that there is one in there. That would be tough to find. I did 3 dives there yesterday and had a good time... I did not even think to look for the passes...

Phil

so how was the dive tom/phil? anyone planning to dive there 2morro (saturday?)

Diving was pretty good... I got out there at 1pm, and my 2 buddies showed up just before 2pm. We did 2 dives and then packed up. I was thinking that Jefm was going to be out there that night but it was already like 6:30 (I think) and he was not there so I packed all my stuff up. While we were up at the trailer Dave said that he got a call from someone that was on there way out so I figured it was Jefm and I stuck around. After Jeff got there we went down and did one Night dive which was pretty cool. The vis was kind of mucked up from the previous dives and with it being dark gave kind of a creepy feeling that was pretty cool... That was the first time I used my Salvo 12w LED at night and DAMN was it nice...

I am not going out today. We are going to be putting our house on the market soon and we have a real estate agent coming out today to tell us what we need to do to get it ready to sell...

Shoot a PM to Hudson I am sure that he will probably be out there...

Phil

Ahhh, so good to get back into the cold water.. the vis was pretty good, the usual 15-20ft, didn't seem to change much with depth. The far bank actually had pretty good visibility this time, just not the area around the old dock.

Didn't find the passes :(

Going first thing in the mourning to hopfully beat the rain thats suppose to be coming in and find my season pass. Not really, just hoping to get in a dive, finding a pass would be a bonus. See yall there.

Got in a dive this morning, Saturday 4-18-09, and vis averaged about 20' with temps from 50 degrees on the surface to upper 40s down to around 35'. Vis didnt seem to depend on depth, more on the area of the quarry. There were some small spots that had some suspended slime, but all and all, it was pretty good. As of this morning the season passes were still not found yet.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info....

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom