Costa Rican Caribbean Tips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cano Island - Drake Bay

I just returned from a week in Drake Bay and dove Cano Island 6 times. Big Pacific critters and good visibility. I had been warned that Costa Rica waters were cloudy, but that was NOT my experience. Weather was perfect. I had the guidance of a PADI instructor from San Jose, CR, who knew everything about the area and all the operators, lodging, transportation, and wilderness adventures. If you want to know more, then send me a note. There were 6 of us together. As close to a perfect trip as you could have.

Last edited:
How are you?
Reefrunner Divers is back on the Caribbean. They were having a rough time. It was sold to three americans who promptly messed it up.
I'm the old owner, and sold it to them 2 years agon and I've just taken it back 2 weeks ago.
We're a PADI shop (#19897) again and doing things right!
We're also a Costa Rica ICT member...

Check out our website reefrunnerdivers.com

We're located in Puerto Viejo, South of Limon and Cahuita.

Our cell phone is 011.506.8329.7850

give me a shout!

Incidentally, I dove with Herradurra a few years ago, when I did my IDC, they're a great shop as well!

david

Hey ScubaTub,

I'd be interested in a little more info....I might be in San Jose for a couple days in about 2 weeks. I have three days to kill and I might like to dive on one of those. How long did it take to get from San Jose to the westcoast? How expensive is diving for a day (probably 2 tanks)? Where did you dive?

Thanks

LWB,
I have only been to CR once - but I had agreat time. Cano Island is a notable dive localtion and is worth a visit. I did not want to waste time driving, so we flew. The local airlines have daily flights to Drake Bay airport (DRK) for about $100 ea way. My guide was the best, because he knew all the local dive operators and we did three dives on each trip. Since he is a PADI dive instructor he may be able to arrange a group for you to dive with. If you send me youir contact information, then I will forward it to him and he will cantact you. matt.tdpc@net-link.net

He can also answer your questions about other good dive locations around CR.

ScubaTub

Back
Top Bottom