If they only made it. I would buy it....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since PADI is conducting Open Water and Advanced Open water with online couses. An app could be made on the Wii for Open Water. The controlers would be primary reg, and alternate air source. You could gut the Wii controlers and attach them to a old reg. Using this technique a student could practice there skills at home. Eventually you could play with a buddy and practice sharing air.

I have been contemplating taking a GPS in a pelican box, and tieing it to a spool then sink the time between the GPS, Dive Computer, and my dive camera to map new dive sites.

I have been thinking about that too.

I just want an Uwatec Bottom Timer/ Depth Gauge with a backlight and user replaceable battery!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jax
I just want an Uwatec Bottom Timer/ Depth Gauge with a backlight and user replaceable battery!

I agree. Why do pay so much for dive computers and SPG's? I bought a Casio Sea Pathfinder from Amazon.com for $165. Its features.

1. Depth Gage
2. Barometric Presure
3. Tempurture
4. Solar powered so no changing batteries this is what killed my Suunto.
5. Time is reset by Satalite
6. Compass

This watch is not rated as a dive computer yet I have had it down to 130' and it has been with in 1' of my $1900 Suunto Vytec. I use this watch as a backup to my dive computer, yet after over a hundred dives I would use it as my primary any day.

I have an 20 year old Dacor gage that has both BAR, and PSI. I love this gage as I work with Japanese/Europeans who use BAR and American's who use PSI. Why can't modern gages have both BAR/PSI, F/Celsius, Feet/Meters, and glow in the dark all night long like my Dacor?

I want a mask strap that doesn't get tangled in my hair at the hinges. Even with a neoprene cover, thais is the area that is never covered and the most likely to rip the hair out of my head when I take off my mask.

Underwater EPRIB for those remote area dives,
Underwater GPS and mobile phone so I can call the boat to pick up in remote areas,
Side mirrors so I can see what is coming up behind me without having to turn, have considered using bike helmet mirrors, but they rust and hard to keep on your head, yes I tried it.....
Electric fins, I'm getting older, the legs getting slower,
warm wetsuits that are not thick like 7mm or 9mm,
a magic dive robot that appears everytime you have to lug the gear across rocks and oyster beds on entry, and lifts the tanks on big drops on exits...

yes I would buy them all.....

Underwater EPRIB for those remote area dives,
Underwater GPS and mobile phone so I can call the boat to pick up in remote areas,
Side mirrors so I can see what is coming up behind me without having to turn, have considered using bike helmet mirrors, but they rust and hard to keep on your head, yes I tried it.....
Electric fins, I'm getting older, the legs getting slower,
warm wetsuits that are not thick like 7mm or 9mm,
a magic dive robot that appears everytime you have to lug the gear across rocks and oyster beds on entry, and lifts the tanks on big drops on exits...

yes I would buy them all.....

Marinediva,

First check out TUSA's new wetsuit...I am sure it will be a big hit here in Japan.

http://www.waterproof-usa.com/pdf/WATERPROOF-2008-09-CATALOG.pdf

Second in Bali, Indonesia and other places they have sherpa like carriers on Mt Everest that carry your tanks on thier heads from shore to the entry point eventhough it is a shore dive. Many times it is a cute young girl which could be a plus.

If you insist on a robot check out the robots from Japan.
News - Science: Japan child robot mimicks infant learning
In the future you could have a string of robots tied behind you that could pack all of your gear. When Tech Diving they could have your decompression bottles.

Finally look into DPV's or Sea Scooters. I am getting qualified tonight.

thanks BS
Done the scooter thing but prefer hands free....
The bali girl/boy nice.....but I don't live in bali,
need something mobile and that can get through immigration without a passport or visa.

Will be checking out you wetsuit suggestion as winter is coming and I freeze in water under 24deg.
ta

There have been a lot posts about having an underwater GPS. Because most GPS have an external antenna that is no bigger than a fish boober. Why couldn't you put the GPS in an Ikelite type camera case and have the antenna come through the case to a reel and then to the boober on the surface? Of course this would keep you from over head environment.

How to get your girl friend or significant other to go scuba diving with you. It is said to be better than riding a Harley Davidson or horse back riding. It looks to painful for men.

Tabata USA, Inc. : SAV-7 EVOLUTION DPV [SAV-7 EVOLUTION] - $0.00

Free your hands with the TUSA SAV-7 EVO Scooter.
The SAV-7 EVO is TUSA's latest underwater vehicle. Improving upon the highly popular SAV-7, the EVO has several upgrades that makes it THE scooter to dive.

Progressive acceleration system:
The EVO's newly design rotational speed adjustment function allows for precise changes to your speed while in motion. This easily activated speed adjustment results in smooth effortless riding and allow for easy synchronization of speed between divers in a variety of geographical areas and varied current conditions.

L.E.D. Battery Indicator:
When the main power switch is turned on, the L.E.D. battery life indicator lights up providing the diver with a guide to remaining battery life.

3 Speed Propeller:
Additionally, it's possible to easily vary the propeller's angle or pitch by 3 positions, which allows for even more fine-tuning of the scooter's speed to the individual diver's needs.

Saddle Wings:
By using the wings it's now possible to pull 2 more divers with the EVO scooter. The diver's different physiques when holding onto the wings have virtually no effect to the scooter's performance. The speed and distance with 3 men diving are almost the same as using the scooter solo without a saddle.

Attachments

• SAV_7EVO6.jpg
    SAV_7EVO6.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom