50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am so impressed there are so many of us over 50s out there! I have a good group of us I dive with. We are going on the Juliet May 9th to Mona Island and actually had a cancel so got 2 spaces left on the boat. Mona is off the coast of Puerto Rico and really excited about doing the galapagos of the Caribbean. Have another 50 trip for a bucket list in Oct to FIJI staying at Beqa lagoon resort. Oct 8-17 is that one and have 4 bures available! Anyone want to join us fun people email me at affordabletrips@gmail.com
This is the time to work on our bucket list!

Mermaidil:
I am like you I only dive in warm water. Cant handle lakes myself...either to murky or cold.
Look at my pictures on my website if you want! http://scorrobigstuffdivetrip.shutterfly.com/
Be sure to check out 12/17/2008 photos on the gallery and do a slide show! This was the scorro islands and by far this was my best trip!!!!!
That is a bucket list trip for sure everyone!

Hi everyone.
I live in Sydney Australia so my diving is almost all warm water.
Even in the middle of winter its comfortable in my 7mm with a sharkskin and hood underneath.
I have been diving for 3 years and my open water course was the best xmas gift I have ever received.
I now have my AOW and EFR and am working my way through all the specialty courses.
My Fav dives are Nelson Bay (lots of sharks) Shell Harbour and Jervis Bay.
I have just purchased a Sealife DC800 and am having fun learning how not to breathe out when taking a shot lol
I am considering taking my first real dive holiday and want to go to THE BEST site ever !!!! :)
I have dived the Great Barrier Reef Qld and The President Coolidge in Vanuatu.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I got certified at 50 and fell in love with diving. I'v been on several dive trips since then and have 6 trips planned for the rest of the year. AOW is on the list for the next trip, though I got my Nitrox cert my first trip.

I only dive in warm water - in the tropics! I just don't enjoy being cold. I always travel alone, though I have found a wonderful group in singledivers.com that provide great trips, with good prices and always someone to buddy with. I read a great article in the recent DAN magazine about a 72 year old woman who has been diving since she was 64 and continues to dive several times a year. My next hope is that I can infect my son with my diving enthusiasm so I drag him along on some of my trips!

57 years young - AOW
Took up diving with my wife and got certified on my 50th birthday.
Just completed my 505th dive in Socorro Island Mexico with Nautilus Explorer
9 liveaboards - Florida, Bahamas, Dom Rep.,Mexico, Saba, BVI, Belize, Honduras, Caymans, Thailand, PNG, Borneo, 4 trips to Indonesia, Hawaii this June and back to Irian Jaya in November

I'll be 50 in June , is that close enough ?

Hi everyone.
I live in Sydney Australia so my diving is almost all warm water.
Even in the middle of winter its comfortable in my 7mm with a sharkskin and hood underneath.
I have been diving for 3 years and my open water course was the best xmas gift I have ever received.
I now have my AOW and EFR and am working my way through all the specialty courses.
My Fav dives are Nelson Bay (lots of sharks) Shell Harbour and Jervis Bay.
I have just purchased a Sealife DC800 and am having fun learning how not to breathe out when taking a shot lol
I am considering taking my first real dive holiday and want to go to THE BEST site ever !!!! :)
I have dived the Great Barrier Reef Qld and The President Coolidge in Vanuatu.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Since you are now experiencing the joys of underwater photography, you might want to head to N. Sulawesi, Indonesia to sharpen your macro skills or over to Fiiji for the great soft coral colors!!

Hi all
Not to far away from the 50 mark.....
This Mothers day I am taking my mother who is in her 70's on a intro dive in Moreton Bay Brisbane. Poor ma, she has NEVER placed her head underwater, not even in a pool.

She came to me some months ago and told me there was something she really wanted to do before she gets to old. Apparently after I send her some photo's from my new camera she has become fascinated by what I am up to, she wants to experience it as well.

Since she was a child ma has had an unnatural fear of getting her head wet. I was never aware of that until recently. I am sure this will be a moment I will cherish for the rest of lifetime and will have a friend on hand to record the process for our family.

I'm past 60 and I dive in quarrys and lakes with a 5mil and don't have a problem. The vis is usually 10' and average water temp 50 degrees and lower.

Hi all
Not to far away from the 50 mark.....
This Mothers day I am taking my mother who is in her 70's on a intro dive in Moreton Bay Brisbane. Poor ma, she has NEVER placed her head underwater, not even in a pool.

She came to me some months ago and told me there was something she really wanted to do before she gets to old. Apparently after I send her some photo's from my new camera she has become fascinated by what I am up to, she wants to experience it as well.

Since she was a child ma has had an unnatural fear of getting her head wet. I was never aware of that until recently. I am sure this will be a moment I will cherish for the rest of lifetime and will have a friend on hand to record the process for our family.

Go Go Go!!!

My hat is off to her!!

Back
Top Bottom