Lake Rawlings Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I gotta ditto everyone on the improvements at Rawlings. They are really putting some effort into the improvements to the place. It amazes me how much nicer things are at Rawlings for the same price I pay to other places without even half of the upgrades. You certainly get your money's worth there.

I gotta ditto everyone on the improvements at Rawlings. They are really putting some effort into the improvements to the place. It amazes me how much nicer things are at Rawlings for the same price I pay to other places without even half of the upgrades. You certainly get your money's worth there.

Ah cool, what's new there?

In Virginia Beach, there really isn't "other places (quarries)" without going to Fantasy Lake or the (deep dark) quarry I hear about up in DC.

Oddly, I heard there is another Quarry/scuba park in NC that has a full up tram to take divers (and their gear) around the thing and what not. Sounded pretty wild. I want to say it's called Blue something, but would have to dig through lots of emails to find the name.

Ah cool, what's new there?

In Virginia Beach, there really isn't "other places (quarries)" without going to Fantasy Lake or the (deep dark) quarry I hear about up in DC.

Oddly, I heard there is another Quarry/scuba park in NC that has a full up tram to take divers (and their gear) around the thing and what not. Sounded pretty wild. I want to say it's called Blue something, but would have to dig through lots of emails to find the name.

blue stone located in thomasvill near saulsbury nc not a bad place but doing night dives is very restricted also there are a few other places operated by the p.d.r.a. but they are almost impossible to get any response from but none of them have the vis

blue stone located in thomasvill near saulsbury nc not a bad place but doing night dives is very restricted also there are a few other places operated by the p.d.r.a. but they are almost impossible to get any response from but none of them have the vis

Yes! Blue Stone, that sounds like it. Do they restrict the night dives because of the size of the place? Or just to keep the noise down for campers trying to sleep?

Just got back from Rawlings. Wasn't too crowded and got there early enough for Kevin to be in a good mood. I always get along with him. Water was 53F at the warmest over the weekend according to my computer. The improvements are nice but they need to pave that damned road into the place. That is never going to happen though. I'm at least AOW now, so I got that going for me. Which is nice.

Yes! Blue Stone, that sounds like it. Do they restrict the night dives because of the size of the place? Or just to keep the noise down for campers trying to sleep?

they allow night dives at there convience if enough people sign up and pay extra for a attendant to stay they allow 30 to 40 min bottom time.starting when they say so. nobody allowed around lake when shop is closed there are fences to keep campers out of the water at least that was the way last year

I was there today, water temp was 55 degrees on surface and I had 49 Degress at my max depth of 55 feet. At least the air temp was about 93! Had a great time!

hood, gloves and 7mm and I was fine for 3 dives (fingers were getting cold during 2nd half of 3rd dive)

Hit Rawlings Sunday. Nice day, not too crowded. I remember seeing 50s on the computer. I was fine the first dive, a little chilly the second -- maybe drysuit next year!

All staff was friendly and nice!

In regarding to paving the entrance road, that would be astronomically expensive and not sure how well it would hold up. My sedan has no problems, just take it slow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom