P-valve question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know a few women who have the Halcyon. There's a line in their product catalogue that says "Provides minimal backpressure, increasing comfort for female divers".

Is there genuinely something special about the Halcyon valve, or has their marketing department just been quick to capitalise on the success of the She-P?

I have an OMS pee valve, which is the same as the Dive rite pee valve. The valve is balanced and it uses a mushroom valve to create an external check valve. It keeps the suit dry in the event you do not use the valve or have a failure in the plumbing yet does not require you to operate a pee through bolt.

Consequently, when I am deco'ing at 20' on O2 there is no need to drop my arm and computer to 21 ft and make the computer angry.

The possible downside is that the hose that is attached is a clear vinyl tubing with a smaller OD than the large fuel hose tubing that comes with the Halcyon/salvo valves which means your weenis (or weenis extension if you are a guy) is smaller and less impressive (but a lot more comfortable during the dive and less likely to push things around.)

I've been very happy with my she-P (but not as happy with my Halcyon p-valve, which leaks). Be sure to get the Urobond adhesive -- it's head and shoulders above the Hollister spray.

I don't have any problem routing the tubing while wearing regular old lady's underwear.

One thing that confuses me -- if it's more convenient to have the valve on the right when wearing men's underwear, why do virtually all men have it on the left?

One thing that confuses me -- if it's more convenient to have the valve on the right when wearing men's underwear, why do virtually all men have it on the left?

For men, the rule of thumb is, if you dress left, p-valve on the left. Dress right, p-valve on the right. The hose routing works much better that way. :palmtree: Bob

Last edited:
Ok well I've ordered it now with the SI-Tech valve. Thanks for the tips here people :) Should arrive in a bit in time for when the water really starts to cool down :)

Ok well I've ordered it now with the SI-Tech valve. Thanks for the tips here people :) Should arrive in a bit in time for when the water really starts to cool down :)

Good luck. Let us know how it works out for you.

Only divers could have a conversation like this. :shakehead:

Good luck. Let us know how it works out for you.

Only divers could have a conversation like this. :shakehead:

Tks :) Well at the moment it is at a dive store having the p-valve fitted. I considered doing this myself but lack any kind of tools/glue/and so on to do so, and it was cheap enough to get fitted. Perhaps will be back by next weekend :)

Back
Top Bottom