Spring Meet N Greet XXX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well it's come down to the wire and Evart and my daughter both backed out. I still have a freind coming over from Cleveland but he will not be there unless the Wings sweep the 1st series. There is a game on Sat night. I will be arriving Fri morning and hopefully be able to join you guys with the deep dive. I just got my argon tank filled and this will be the first time trying it out. I am staying in Detroit to cut down the driving time and get to spend some time with family. I will also be bringing notchos since I had a lage can of chese left over from my daughters birthday party, I figure who else to pawn of the cheap stuff too. I look forward to seeing everyone again and meeting some new faces.

I may have some time opening in my schedule to be there for a couple of dives on friday. I have a new set of doubles that I only have a few dives on that I need to get some more time with. I was wondering if anyone will be there early friday that migt be diving the shallow side. I saw the posts about the deep dive, but I would like to get some more dives in the doubles prior to hitting the deep side. Anyone that will be there early friday, just PM me and maybe we can meet up. Thanks

I'll be there "early" Friday... (10-ish)...

I'd of course Like to get in on some of that Deepside action, but as someone has already mentioned it can be tricky depending on Who you Know, and/or how experienced Mike thinks you are...

So... I'd like to get have Dive #1 that day be a Deep one, but if Mike wont let me go I'll need someone to hang shallow with...

technically he wants you to file a plan if you intend on going beyond 60'...

Looks like there are going to be a good number of folks there early. In previous years, once the early group gets signed in and after they get their camp sites setup, the first dive Friday is usually hitting the water around Noon. Given the number of folks coming early we should easily be able to meet everyone's objectives. There will certainly be a group doing the deep side entry and following the wall around to the road and up at the plane. There will most likely also be a group doing a deep dive past the tubes and down the road to Grimace. There will also most certainly be a few folks staying "shallow" on the first dive, maybe down to the tubes and back up to the plane/helo/bus.

Let's all touch base once we're signed in and setup and we can make sure everyone has a buddy for the dive they want to do.

As has been stated clearly, if you plan on diving beyond 60' be sure and file a deep dive plan along with your initial paperwork. If you haven't filled a deep plan before, it's a simple form that asks you questions about your experience, equipment and your dive plan (depth, time, safety stop). Be sure and be thorough, including units (ft, minutes, etc) and don't forget your planned safety stop! Mike then looks at these and either approves them or asks you to modify it. Have your log book with you as sometimes he wants you to show him your recent experience.

In some instances he may request that you not do the deep dive. In that event, please remember that this is his property and he's had to see multiple divers carried away either dead or unconscious in the past. These past events have been VERY hard on Mike and Jodie. Please respect his decision as he takes safety at his site very seriously. He's a good guy at heart and if he denies your deep dive request, please respect that and don't take it personally. There is PLENTY to see above 60'.

The forecast is looking fabulous! Better than I could have ever hoped for.

See everyone at Gilboa!

Looks like there are going to be a good number of folks there early. In previous years, once the early group gets signed in and after they get their camp sites setup, the first dive Friday is usually hitting the water around Noon. Given the number of folks coming early we should easily be able to meet everyone's objectives. There will certainly be a group doing the deep side entry and following the wall around to the road and up at the plane. There will most likely also be a group doing a deep dive past the tubes and down the road to Grimace. There will also most certainly be a few folks staying "shallow" on the first dive, maybe down to the tubes and back up to the plane/helo/bus.

Let's all touch base once we're signed in and setup and we can make sure everyone has a buddy for the dive they want to do.

As has been stated clearly, if you plan on diving beyond 60' be sure and file a deep dive plan along with your initial paperwork. If you haven't filled a deep plan before, it's a simple form that asks you questions about your experience, equipment and your dive plan (depth, time, safety stop). Be sure and be thorough, including units (ft, minutes, etc) and don't forget your planned safety stop! Mike then looks at these and either approves them or asks you to modify it. Have your log book with you as sometimes he wants you to show him your recent experience.

In some instances he may request that you not do the deep dive. In that event, please remember that this is his property and he's had to see multiple divers carried away either dead or unconscious in the past. These past events have been VERY hard on Mike and Jodie. Please respect his decision as he takes safety at his site very seriously. He's a good guy at heart and if he denies your deep dive request, please respect that and don't take it personally. There is PLENTY to see above 60'.

The forecast is looking fabulous! Better than I could have ever hoped for.

See everyone at Gilboa!

Since I'm looking at the Mobile version there is no Thanks button. So Really nice Post Jim. perfectly said...

Posted via Mobile Device

Anything that ends in an "O" (and followed by an s, of course) works... Freetos, Cheetos, Doritos, Tostitos, Munchos, burritos, taquitos, etc., etc.

mojitos, too. :wink:

Y'all have fun, and be safe.... Wish I could join y'all.

Ok. I'll bring the "O" food. I guess since there are so many people I just need to figure out how many "Os" to provide.

I'll wear my Michigan State cap so everyone can recognize me.

Chad

Ok. I'll bring the "O" food. I guess since there are so many people I just need to figure out how many "Os" to provide.

I'll wear my Michigan State cap so everyone can recognize me.

Chad

If your coming with tiggrr we will bknow who you are...:)

Posted via Mobile Device

I am also planning on being there early on Friday with the "bunhouse" so I can hopefully set up near GTXL's bunkhouse. I haven't dove the deep side of Gilboa and will see about doing that as well Friday. If Mike says I can't, then I'll be diving the shallow side. I am taking tanks tomorrow to get filled and hope to start hooking up the camper and packing it tonight.

Can't wait to meet and dive with you all!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom