Any Brac news?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My daughter works for Brac Reef Divers. I believe they want her back on August 1. I hope to enjoy Thanksgiving there this year !

The Alexander is located on the east side of the north end of the cross-island road
I think you mean the South end.

The latest info I have for the Brac Reef Beach Resort is that things are moving slower than they had hoped and it's looking more like early 2010 before they will be able to fully open the resort again.

This is so sad, such a wonderful place. I know they are doing everything they can to get up and running. Looks like I will just have to push my trip there back a couple more months.

This is so sad, such a wonderful place. I know they are doing everything they can to get up and running. Looks like I will just have to push my trip there back a couple more months.

It really is sad. We were there last May and it was, without a doubt, the best dive vacation I had ever taken. But when it reopens it is sure to be better than ever! We will be in Little Cayman next week and I think part of the dive staff from Brac Reef may be working at LCBR when needed.

The bar at the Brac Reef is open, as is all the other dining establishments, and the Alexander will be open very shortly and there are numerous homes and condos for rent at great prices. I spoke to Mick from Reef Divers last week and he said the dive shop is close to opening also. I will be down there in three weeks and wanted to know about diving. He said he will run boats if he can get a few divers together. The Brac is not out, just down a bit.

I am very anxious to see how the reefs held up after Paloma.

Hi again all! here is a copy of Brac Reef Beach Resort's "Getting Back to the Brac" Press Release

Families from Around the World Can't Wait to Get Back to The Brac:
Post Hurricane Paloma, Brac Reef Beach Resort Awaits Approvals to Announce Re-opening​

Cayman Islands, BWI (April 30, 2009) Brac Reef Beach Resort, the charming, family-owned and operated all-inclusive getaway on Cayman Brac, is bursting with excitement. The devastation that Hurricane Paloma inflicted on The Cayman Islands caused the landmark resort to shut its doors temporarily (as of November 8, 2008) but eager visitors continue to call each week in attempts to get back to the Brac. Brac Reef Beach Resort is currently being remodeled and revamped, and guests cannot wait to spend their vacation at the beloved Caribbean resort.

Set atop four-and-a-half acres of pristine white-sand Caymanian beach, Brac Reef Beach Resort caters to adventurous families, business travelers and special occasion guests year round. Guests have unbridled access to five-star cuisine, service and amenities, all mixed with picturesque views of the crystal blue Caribbean waters, pristine beachfront and lush tropical setting with rows of untouched Palm Trees.

Tentatively scheduled, pending necessary Government approvals, to reopen its tropical doors in September 2009, Brac Reef Beach Resort has a roster of more than 50 families awaiting the reopening. All have signed up to book their Cayman Brac vacation, and reservations will be handled accordingly upon Brac Reef's confirmed opening date.

We have contact almost every day from loyal clients dying to know when we will reopen, says Mary Brandes, Owner, Brac Reef Beach Resort. They want to spend their vacation in the Cayman Islands and at this point, we're having to turn people away. Many are now considering other destinations!

Brac Reef Beach Resort is awaiting the necessary approvals to move forward with its rebuild, post Hurricane Paloma. With speedy approvals the resort plans to open in September 2009. The onset of the resort revamp is expected to provide an economic boost in tourism for The Cayman Islands, and specifically to the gem island of Cayman Brac.

Locally run by the Tibbetts family and home to the renowned Reef Divers Dive Operation, Cayman Brac is considered to be one of the world's premier scuba diving destinations, home to hundreds of varieties of tropical fish, vibrant coral, and marine life. The Resort boasts a number of other adventure-filled activities including cave exploration, bird-watching, snorkeling, kayaking, rock-climbing, tennis and mountain biking. Coupled with the soothing sounds of Caribbean waves crashing along the pristine white shore, a variety of relaxing and rejuvenating activities including outdoor massages under the serene shade of Brac Reef's historic pier, and acclaimed cuisine and homemade Caribbean cocktails at The Tipsy Turtle Pub, The Palms and The Grand Palm restaurants, where else would you spend your Cayman Islands vacation?

In anticipation of the relaunch, Brac Reef has retained world-class marketing firm FORMO to completely redesign their digital and offline marketing strategy. Brac Reef Beach Resort expects the first phase, a new highly interactive blog platform to launch in early May in order to maintain dialogue with the thousands of past guests eagerly awaiting news on the resort.

FORMO is a marketing and brand innovation agency began as a subsidiary of DPS Sporting Club Development, LLC, luxury developers of world-renowned residential sporting communities in historic locations. Based in Charleston, S.C. and New York City, FORMO is comprised of a multi-disciplinary group of artists, designers, writers, strategists, technologists and brand builders, all joined together to work in sync with luxury companies and their business culture to ensure success with innovative and fresh thinking in marketing and branding. Based on empirically-driven strategies, proven results, collective wisdom and objectivity, FORMO provides a range of agency services including Brand Development and Definition, Creative Design, Web Design and Information Architecture, Media Selection, Interactive Marketing, Variable Information Direct Marketing, and full service event production and Public Relations.
Shaping Idea + Experience + Perception.​

## end ##​

In the press release it is mentioned that the owner is turning away customers and they are potentially looking at other destinations. Perhaps it would be more advantageous for the island if she were to refer these customers to some of the condo or home owners who rent their places out to tourists. More people on the island eating, drinking, diving, renting cars and spending money could really help the Brac economy right now. This has been a very difficult time for the Brac and getting anyone on the island would be a great help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom