NW Dive Expo April 24-26 (Tacoma, Washington)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We went up to the Expo yesterday at it was fantastic!! Must have been twice the number of booths as last year, far more folks walking around, great drawings for prizes, and a fabulous atmosphere! Kudos to everyone who worked so hard to make it so great this year. We'll definitely be back next year! :)

Went to the show yesterday and had a great time. Bought new arms, fiber optic cable and Big Blue Focus light from Jack, a great guy I might add. Looked at the new Bare BC's (nice rigs). No offense folks but you couldn't pay me to get in that pool. Looked like zero vis, IMO it was not safe for newbies trying out gear. All in all a great show.

Jim

Ditto on the pool... I was gonna try the rebreather experience but I was kinda worried about the lack of cleanliness

I had a wonderful time at the show. Lots of vendors, especially more-or-less local charter and resort operators, and that was something I had gone for. Lots of people I knew, and people I had wanted to meet. But I have to say the pool looked like somebody had pumped directly out of Les Davis down the hill (and maybe they did!)

I also enjoyed the show. I met some really interesting folks, got measured for a new drysuit, bought some great books, attended a couple of seminars and even won a drysuit hood in the treasure hunt "raffle". In fact, my wife and I are returning today to pick up her prize. She won a week of diving from Maui Dreams Diving. Beginners luck I say. All in all a great weekend. Look forward to next time.

I had a great time there, and met some wonderful folks. As far as I could see it was a good turn-out. I particularly enjoyed listening to John Chatterton, and I understand he agreed to some special arrangements to be there, which was deeply appreciated by many in the crowd.

Thanks to all of you who put so much time into making it happen, and I hope to see you all again soon!

Doc

As to the pool, a friend of ours who was there said they filled it using the fire hoses on Friday and when asked about the clarity, insisted that the filters would have it clean by Saturday morning. I think we can all agree that they were wrong. :wink:

Great Expo....
Great People!
Thanks to all who put this on and participated and the volunteers...
Kirsten

I forgot to mention that the absolute highlight of the show for me was, after three and a half years of benefiting from his advice and mentoring and on-line friendship, finally to get to meet THE Doc Intrepid in person. Hopefully it was not a cameo appearance :)

As to the pool, a friend of ours who was there said they filled it using the fire hoses on Friday and when asked about the clarity, insisted that the filters would have it clean by Saturday morning. I think we can all agree that they were wrong. :wink:

The water ended up being just fine on Sunday and the filter system did do it's job. We got the pool system up and running Friday evening and after about 3 beers it was running perfectly.

After everyone left for the evening the building maintenance staff turned the pump and filter off because they thought it was leaking onto the floor when in reality the water on the floor was left over from the repair job. If the filter system could have run all Friday night it would have been fine by Saturday morning.

The water had rust in it from the water system, looked bad but was not a health issue, just the same water everyone drinks in Tacoma :).

Next year we will make sure that does not happen again.

We did get some rebreathers in the water on Sunday and everyone that tried them out had great fun.

Back
Top Bottom