Drysuit Thermals - do business with this guy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My 4 way Antarctic does keep me warm. It does take alot of lead to sink it though. I am finding that I need about 30-36lbs. with a 96cu. ft LP steel tank no less. I am diving a Pinnacle EVO 2 suit drysuit.
But Ron, was a great guy to do business with.

When I bought my undergarments from Ron, I bought 2 as they were so reasonable. I figured they wouldn't hold up for long at this price. Well, I have gone thru 2 active seasons, throwing it in the regular was with Tide and the thing still looks like new and I haven't even touched the second one. I dive Lake Michigan 40 degrees without any problem. There was a mix up in a discounted shipping rate when I bought 2 at once, I emailed him and he refunded ALL shipping charges to me. Its been a long time since I have purchased a inexpensive product that performs very well from a decent vendor. They must come from China on a slow boat. There was a distinct diesel smell but that washed out on the first wash completely.

I bought 2 suits and a pair of socks from him and I have nothing but good things to say about Ron and his products!!

How does the warmth characeristics of the the 4 way antarctic and amount of weight needed compare with the DUI thinsulate ultra 400?

I also had a very positive experience with my order for a 4-way Antarctic undergarment. Quick service, an excellent product. I will do business with him in future.

I elected to keep the original mid-range thermal I purchased from Ron and sent the antarctic back. Great quality, and very warm, just a bit too thick for me and does require some serious weight to sink.

Curious, how much weight did you find that you needed to sink the 4 way Antarctic with your drysuit?
I am needing around 30-34lbs. with my 95 steel tank to sink with my Pinnacle EVO 2 trilam suit.

I too have had noting but great dealing with Ron. You will not go wrong in purchasing anything from him...

I have the Antartica undergarment and with a single HP 130, 5lbs BP, 5lbs STA, I still wear 22 lbs on my belt. So it does take quite a bit to sink it, BUT the warmth is worth it to me. I have had it in 38* water for more than 45 min and was completely warm. Even with my double HP120's I still wear 8 or 10 lbs...

Phil

We just received our suits from Ron lat week. These things fit like a glove and fit great. This is the only place to get undergarments for a killer price. Highly recommend him for these items.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom