Personality?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...Top Dog Diver
What are my traits?
Despite your relatively limited experience, you are a confident diver and eager to offer advice to those less accomlished than you. To you, diving comes very easily, although your air-consumption could be a little better. You are a natural and can cope with almost any situation, many of which you have dealt with successfully already.
You are generous, especially at the bar and are a great story-teller. After your dive, you enjoy nothing more than a beer with friends to compare your diving experiences, particularly the brushes with danger and encounters with Sharks.

That's about right! LOL!

I am a....

"...Text-Book Diver

What are my traits?
Scuba-diving rules are there for a very good reason and should never be bent, broken or even momentarily over-looked. You are very safety conscious, never going close to your decompression limit and always aware of potential dangers and hazards.
Your dive kit is in excellent order and you would not entertain the notion of a dive wihout your safety sausage and spare air, which are carefully positoned on your BCD to be accessible at all times.

You are always on hand to help your buddy – and your excellent diving skills, combined with your mature and sensible outlook would make you an outstanding dive professional."

...Thrill Seeker
What are my traits?
Your idea of the perfect dive is a remote & seldom visited spot, where apex predators circle your head as you cling to the current-swept reef for dear life.

If you thought you saw the shape of something big in the distance, you would not think twice about abandoning your buddy to jet off into the blue for a closer look. You have a keen interest in marine life, but almost no knowledge of any fish or critters smaller than you as they hold no interest.

Remote locations, plummetting drop-offs, caves, caverns & currents hold no fear for you as you boldly seek out the most thrilling & exciting experiences that the underwater world can offer.

...Text-Book Diver

What are my traits?
Scuba-diving rules are there for a very good reason and should never be bent, broken or even momentarily over-looked. You are very safety conscious, never going close to your decompression limit and always aware of potential dangers and hazards.

Well this doesn't describe me at all.... I would say that I know the rules and apply them but I will dive deep air and I've made many dives over the NDL's.

Your dive kit is in excellent order and you would not entertain the notion of a dive wihout your safety sausage and spare air, which are carefully positoned on your BCD to be accessible at all times.

Partly true. Everything on my kit is carefully considered but a spare air won't be part of it.

You are always on hand to help your buddy – and your excellent diving skills, combined with your mature and sensible outlook would make you an outstanding dive professional.
Well... I certainly want to believe that part but I'll let my buddy and my students judge it.

Overall.... thumbs down. The test is inaccurate drivel.

R..

...Text-Book Diver

What are my traits?

Well this doesn't describe me at all.... I would say that I know the rules and apply them but I will dive deep air and I've made many dives over the NDL's.

Partly true. Everything on my kit is carefully considered but a spare air won't be part of it.

You are always on hand to help your buddy and your excellent diving skills, combined with your mature and sensible outlook would make you an outstanding dive professional.
Well... I certainly want to believe that part but I'll let my buddy and my students judge it.

Overall.... thumbs down. The test is inaccurate drivel.

R..

A text book diver. Sorry, just because I believe in living to blow bubbles on the next dive....I don't think that makes me a "textbook diver". Although I do firmly believe you need to know why a rule has been instituted before you break it, in any pursuit (except spelling then who cares).

...Snap Happy Diver
What are my traits?
Your underwater camera is always at the ready and you find it almost impossible to look at an interesting fish without spending 20 minutes photographing it.

You view your camera as your buddy and the person you dive with as an unwanted distraction, who kicks up sand, asks annoying questions about your air and generally ruins your focus.

Your dream dive site is a shallow, beautiful, coral reef teeming with curious & colourful marine life and you can often be found chasing a fish around the reef or hanging at an absurd angle, desperately trying to get that prize-winning shot.

Hmmm, not terribly far off the mark, but with several questions I could just as easily have given an alternate answer, I'm not sure. Just to see I'm going back and answer those close questions with my alternate answers.

Now I'm a:

.Text-Book Diver
What are my traits?

You are always on hand to help your buddy – and your excellent diving skills, combined with your mature and sensible outlook would make you an outstanding dive professional.

Interesting... somewhat accurate too, now. Wouldn't apply to this diver 39 years ago, pre BC, J valves , when dive planning was "let's get under".

...Text-Book Diver
What are my traits?

You are always on hand to help your buddy and your excellent diving skills, combined with your mature and sensible outlook would make you an outstanding dive professional.

Yes i have a spare air and a safety sausage - I fill my sausage with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom