Air Hog

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

She did like my computer, I better watch out!

Sorry, James, but it is no longer your computer.

We put the bad hose in the trash. In Cozumel, we bought a new hp hose. Scubapro sent a new hose to our local shop, that new replacement hose is in our save a dive kit.

Yeah, I misunderstood your original post. Sorry.

Tom

...well, the problem is, it's fine to get 'hooked' on 'big' tanks diving 'locally' where you can easily bring/access your own tanks....but what do you do when you travel to dive and you are limited to say, the 'standard' Aluminum 80 sized tanks ?

My solution to that was diving with Quick Draw Twins brackets and diving independant doubles. I am 6'4" with upper body of someone 6'6" my air. I do not hog air but my air use will never be that of someone of average build. The dive boat or resorts do not seem to mind, saves them the worry of you coming up early. When you travel half way around the world to dive you should get the most from it. The quick draw bracket allow you to quickly change out your tanks.

Quick Draw Twins tm.

There are also some interesting tech type things you can do with this like diving air on one tank and Nitrox on the other. It is nice to able to dive without the worry of being the one with the short tank.

Steve

Dude, your situation is normal. Totally fine. Dive more and breathe more and you'll have it. Nothing to worry about at all. You don't need bigger tanks and take everything else with a grain of salt.

There are also some interesting tech type things you can do with this like diving air on one tank and Nitrox on the other. It is nice to able to dive without the worry of being the one with the short tank.

Please don't do this. This is not, and has never been a "tech type thing". It is also potentially very dangerous. Get more comfortable in the water, and don't look to equipment to solve a problem with air consumption.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom