Diving Lake Pleasant 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nancy and I dove Sunday at Vista point. The surface temp was 73* but my computer still recorded 59* as a low I was in my 7mm with reef gloves and no hood. We didn't spend a lot of time at colder depths. A 5mm may do but still a bit chilly at depth.

Hey all,

I know AZfindiver mentioned something about this saturday (the 16th) but is anybody diving? I can now make it in the morning between 7 and 8 if anyone is diving and wouldn't mind a novice diver joining them I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Steve

I wasn't sure anybody was going this weekend so I booked some dives with the Scubateer this Saturday. They might be able to squeeze you in $49 two tanks. Looks like fun.

Hey all,

I know AZfindiver mentioned something about this saturday (the 16th) but is anybody diving? I can now make it in the morning between 7 and 8 if anyone is diving and wouldn't mind a novice diver joining them I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Steve

Hey all,

Thanks,
Steve
Steve:

Steve (Scubasteve2000) and I, and possibly Mike (rudebob), will be diving on the county side of the lake on Saturday morning. We haven't yet chosen a site however, we should be there sometime between 7:00 and 8:00 am. You are more than welcome to join us.

As soon as we finalize our plans, I'll let you know.

Regards, Bill

I wasn't sure anybody was going this weekend so I booked some dives with the Scubateer this Saturday. They might be able to squeeze you in $49 two tanks. Looks like fun.

Sorry, my fault as I didn't know for sure if/when I'd be able to dive until today and didn't want to commit and have to back out.

Steve:

Steve (Scubasteve2000) and I, and possibly Mike (rudebob), will be diving on the county side of the lake on Saturday morning. We haven't yet chosen a site however, we should be there sometime between 7:00 and 8:00 am. You are more than welcome to join us.

As soon as we finalize our plans, I'll let you know.

Regards, Bill

Thanks Bill, county side??? Is that the east side or west side? My wife's class is east of the 10 lane so I can drop her off or visa a versa depending.

Any idea as to depths? Do I need to pick up a light, compass, or anything? I'll bring a suit and 2 tanks...good enough?

Thanks,
Steve

Steve:

The west side of the lake is the county side. I anticipate that we will be diving in the Biesmeyer Point area which is within the park and to the west of the 10 lane boat ramp.

At this time of year, with the water level being high, you should be able to get 90' to 100' feet at Biesmeyer Point. However, temperature and visibility really dictate how deep we go. We'll only go as deep as you feel comfortable.

You might want to bring a light however, don't worry about a compass.

After I speak with Steve, I'll give you a definitive location and time.

Regards, Bill

Hey Stevejaz,

I will also be at BP saturday morning. White toyota tacoma. Glad to dive with you if you are there.

PD

Great to hear pdelannoy! If you see somebody wondering around aimlessly in a white GMC crewcab with a wakesetter sticker in the backwindow that would be me lost...:help:

Where's Biesmeyer Point, I can't find it on the map.:confused:

Attachments

• map.JPG
    map.JPG
    215.6 KB · Views: 54
Great to hear pdelannoy! If you see somebody wondering around aimlessly in a white GMC crewcab with a wakesetter sticker in the backwindow that would be me lost...:help:

Where's Biesmeyer Point, I can't find it on the map.:confused:

stevejaz,

On the map you attached between the 12 and 14 there is a bunny shaped projection. The right "ear" is Beismeyer Point. I would recommend a 7mm if you have it; as well as a hood and gloves. It may still be a bit cool for a 5mm unless you're a fairly hardy soul. Get a light if you don't have one. No need for a $700 can light. Just a good basic dive light.
I would also recommend a compass so you can work on your navigation skills. We'll see you there on Saturday morning.

Steve.

Back
Top Bottom