Vandenberg Sinking Update!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who is going to be down there? This should be FUN!

I can't get there B 4 5/28. I'm hoping to get down there with Ramfan (my son) and meet up with Blue Water Diving. :D

But all of that is tentative.

It would be easier to put a spit hose on it then to file it. Maybe.

Just leave those areas alone for about a year, the salt water will dull them. :wink:
From what I've seen posted on this thread, it'll take a year of dives to just to get to that place on the wreck. :cool2:

Safe diving is Fun diving. :lotsalove:

I'm a doctor, I should know.... :rofl3:

I am all set with a charter on June 1st, can't wait!!! I may try for another charter if they open it up sooner.

I took the tour yesterday and it brought back memories of my short stint in the Navy, and reminded me that was 35+ years ago. I can't wait to see it again weightless and with fins, instead of heavy and wearing steel toe boots. :)
This ship is so huge it will take me years to get below 100 feet.

My worry as a public safety diver is the rec diver with tec fantasies, for them, this ship is a certain death trap. When the missing diver happens, there will be no such thing as a quick search.

As a PSD the passage ways scare the #@*! out of me, I can only hope that they have a similar effect on Joe tourist diver.Florida Keys Safe Diving Initiative

Ya but that's what they said about the Spiegel Grove and the Oriskany. Yet you don't see recreational divers dying by the boat load on either wreck. Areas above 130 feet will be so sanitized for safe recreational diving as to be almost boring. Areas below that depth may be a little more interesting, if you've dived the Oriskany you know what I'm talking about. Then again the Mighty O sits in 212 feet of water so there is quite a bit of the wreck that lays below 130 fsw while the Vandenberg will only sit in 140 fsw so there won't be much down that deep to leave un-sanitized.

I'm looking forward to diving this one as soon as I can. Make sure you post a good dive report if you get to it before I do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom