Dive Aruba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just got done diving four 2 tank dives with Clive Paula of Dive Aruba. Great one man operation. Clive picks you up at your hotel each morning and drops you off after the dives for the day. Had a few good dives but viz went down hill from the first day. The finger reef was a must do, Jane Sea was great, planes were good, but Harbor reef and Pilot Boat had 25' viz. As stated by other divers reports, very laid back operation, had extended dive times each dive. First deep dive was always and hour, the second 'lazy man' drift dive at 30 to 40 feet was an hour and fifteen. A must dive operation for those trying to get away from the big boats with 20+ divers aboard.

billssprinklers,
welcome to this board.
thank you for your trip report.
i've dove with mr paula.
the man is good at what he does.
regards,

I agree the Dive Aruba is fantastic operation for experienced divers. I am very glad to hear that you had a great time.

I agree the Dive Aruba is fantastic operation for experienced divers. I am very glad to hear that you had a great time.

I am going to Aruba in July and I am newly certified and so are 4 others I am going with would you recommed Dive Aruba for us or is it strictly for experienced divers? If not does anyone have any suggestions on who to and where to dive in Aruba.

I am going to Aruba in July and I am newly certified and so are 4 others I am going with would you recommed Dive Aruba for us or is it strictly for experienced divers? If not does anyone have any suggestions on who to and where to dive in Aruba.
If you and your group is newly certified, I would not use Dive Aruba. He is the captain and goes in the water with you, leaving no one on the boat. During drift dives, he leaves you alone for about half the dive while he goes back to the boat. A great operation for a lot of divers, but he may be not the best choice for newly certified divers.

Check out Unique Sports of Aruba and SE Aruba Fly 'N Dive. I have dove with both operations and they are very good with new divers.

When are you going? I'll be there until July 8th.

Have a great trip.
Ken

On the first dive of the day Clive stays with the group until the first diver gets under a 1000 psi. This is so he can help everyone onto the boat. Usually at 1000 psi the group is beneath the boat. When he leaves you can mill around beneath the boat within site of the hull. On the second dive it is a drift most of the time, you will stay at 30-40 feet and move along the reef. Not to bad if you don't need the security of a divemaster leading the pack. If you stay 40 feet then you will be fine, the reef runs in the same direction as the shore. The dive goes till you run low on air or exceed 75 minutes or so. Bottom line is if you feel somewhat secure on your certification training then you will be fine, Clive will keep an eye on you the first dive to be sure you are okay. But if you have any doubts about your skill level then look at the bigger boats.

If you and your group is newly certified, I would not use Dive Aruba. He is the captain and goes in the water with you, leaving no one on the boat. During drift dives, he leaves you alone for about half the dive while he goes back to the boat. A great operation for a lot of divers, but he may be not the best choice for newly certified divers.

Check out Unique Sports of Aruba and SE Aruba Fly 'N Dive. I have dove with both operations and they are very good with new divers.

When are you going? I'll be there until July 8th.

Have a great trip.
Ken

Ken,

Thank you for the advice. I will have to more research on the different doperations down there. I will be down there July 5-10. Unfortunatly due to my travel plans it does not sound like we will be able to dive together but maybe we could meet up for a drink.

Brian

Back
Top Bottom