New from Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deadly_risk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone, I just finished my confined water sessions with Copeland's here in Corpus Christi, and thought it would be a good time to introduce myself. I'm a 21 year old electrical engineering major & physics minor at Texas A&M Kingsville, amateur radio operator, and local sound guy.

I decided to get my OW cert after an aquatic science teacher of mine took a bunch of his students to a local pool and let us sit at the bottom in scuba gear and watch him and an instructor demonstrate all the things I ended up learning in class in the past few weeks. That was 7 or 8 years ago, and I'm just now getting around to it.

My OW cert dives will be at Windy Point on Lake Travis May 30th and 31st. I have family in that area so hopefully Lake Travis will become a common dive spot for me, as it will be cheaper than liveaboard to the flower gardens, and on par with charters out to various rigs.

Thats about the end of my limited story.

g'day and welcome ... :)

Welcome to the board!

Hi Klint,

Be sure to chime in on the Texas Swamp Divers forum. There will be a big gathering of us at Lake Travis starting June 19th.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom