Looking for more for Tues 6/2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Echoo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My uncle says that he has a cooler full of ice to get out the freezer before he leaves for vacation sounds like a good reason to take the boat out.

TUESDAY
EAST WINDS AROUND 5 KNOTS IN THE MORNING BECOMING
NORTHWEST 5 TO 10 KNOTS IN THE AFTERNOON. BAY AND INLAND WATERS
SMOOTH. SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS IN THE AFTERNOON.

Would like to head out around 7 or 8am Destination is optional.
I am kinda thinking about the public ledges in 70ish foot off of Tarpon Springs there is also some wrecks near there. Never been there so not sure if it is a good spot or not. Or I am happy staying closer to land don't really matter to me. (Never been to the army tanks off of pasco that is on my list of things to do also.)

Need at least one person 3 or 4 divers are more than welcome. I like to leave someone up top so if just two of us we would be rotating. If you know some one that wants to just come hang out while we dive that is even better.

30' Dorado located in Ozona
Plan on being back to the dock by 3pm at the latest

Divers: Tender:
Myself Tmets Roomie
Tmet and his Wife

I don't have racks on the boat yet, so I have enough storage for one or two more divers tops. anymore than that and I would not be able to safely secure tanks.

Last edited:
its a great boat. echoo took us out today and we had a great time. i got to see my first jew fish and some of the biggest stingrays i have ever seen.
thanks again echoo and cant wait to do it again. unfortunately i have to work tues.

NP Kober I will get us back out on a weekend too I just can't wait that long... I have to take advantage of this unemployed status I in while I have it. And I like the weekdays better anyway, not as crowed. Although the ruff chop seemed to keep everyone in-shore today.

Yep NP Salmon. I am flexible on the times of day. I think low tide is at 6:30 pm, I need +0.50. So my window for getting back on the lift is like before 4:30 or after 8pm not to mention the current looks a little better for earlier in the day.

If you still have room my wife and I would like to come. How much should we bring for gas?

Donations are welcome but not required. I don't take people to pay my way out, I take people cause I like the company and like to dive can't really have either of those if I am alone. This Boat only burns 4-8 gals a hour cruising @ 20-35 mph. Only 11.5 WoT running 45mph. I would go out alone and just look for good bottom if no one else wanted to go.

You are the first confirmed so we can work around what ever schedule you might have. Just keep the info about the tide posted above in mind. Can do what ever you want for diving also think I have a 100 &120 32% and one 80 air on the boat atm.

Far as your roommate that is up to you. I am fine diving alone up to 80 foot. used to do it all the time when my wife was able to go. I just don't like leaveing the boat unattended.

p.s Bring your own drinks/snacks and the comment about the ice was serious. Ya don't need to worry about that.

We are up for anything. We have 5 AL 80s and a set of 104s ready to go, so that definitely won't be an issue. We are up for anything time, location wise. As for my roomie, he said he doesn't mind coming along to watch the boat. It's up to you if you want him to come along.

Well bring him along then. If he does decide not to come then no biggie.

Lets plan on meeting at the dock at 7am be loaded and underway by like 7:30 be back by 3ish at the latest. I will file my float plan with the wife on the way out after we decide exactly what we want to do.

Check your messages you have directions waiting

Do you still have room for one more diver? Also any spearing on this trip?

Yep got room one more would be fine Still just me tmet and his wife atm.

Just a heads up tho I was a little off on my return time. I must of been looking at am instead of PM or something I don't know. Return time needs to be either on the dock by 1:30 or after 6:30.
Waiting on Tmets input on that. If we come in at the later time we will make a full day out of it and do 3 or 4 dives. Let me know if you are interested and I will PM directions and my number, and I will post our return time soon as I hear back from Tmet. I imagine he is sleeping atm.

Not sure if Tmet spears or not but I always have a gun on the boat. Just a little Sea hornet but, My wife enjoys it when I bring her something good to eat. Only thing I ask is don't shoot it if you aer ot 100% positive that it is a "keeper". I would rather come up with a empty stringer than have to throw back a dead fish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom