Divers Should Be Able To Dive Vandenberg SATURDAY!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got a trip to the Key's planned in August and was thinking of splitting the time between Key Largo and Key West but if they are only offering one tank dives on the Vandenburg I may just dive Key West one day and be done with it. There is plenty to see in Key Largo and it's much cheaper! :shakehead:

I agree 100%. That is why Stang and I were only going to go down for a day from Key Largo. But, right now unless you have your own boat, not really worth it. I did call a few other shops that would allow doubles, but they were booked. Other than those shops, they need to catch up with the rest of the diving work. Key Largo has everything you need. Not so much in Key West. (YET)

This is what I took down to KW for the days I dove the Vandenberg

Attachments

• DSC00959.JPG
    DSC00959.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC00960.JPG
    DSC00960.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC00961.JPG
    DSC00961.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 102
That is exactly what I have done. Several days in Key Largo then drive to Key West for a two tank dive. Then back to Key Largo for the res of the trip.

Ok, news update. I booked a two tank trip WITH our doubles. We ended up going with Subtropic Dive Center. So it is possible to get some bottom time there! Will post pics tm when we get back.

Does anyone know the water temp at Key west? Still deciding if I am going to wear my wet suit tomorrow while diving the Vandenberg.

I've done lots of wreck dives and always wear a wet suit for protection. After a while the mooring line will have stuff on it that you don't want to hit with your arms and legs. Plus, wrecks are made of metal where you could get scraped. Do what you want, but that's how I learned it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom