Dive support vehicles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JDMerk

Contributor
Reaction score
(Forms of transportation used to get you and your gear to and from the dive site)
I have seen my share at the local quarries/beaches, mostly trucks and SUV's. But what do you guys use. Lets see pics fully loaded with your normal dive gear compliment and a description as to why your setup is the best, whether it be your H1 the Greyhound bus or your Schwinn.

Unfortunately I don't have any gear laden pics to post right this minute, nonetheless my two options are:

2003 Mazda B3000 pickup
For when I have more than one diver to outfit or need to get to a remote location

1999 Honda Civic Hatchback (45mpg goodness)
For when its just me and i'm traveling a long distance

DSC00182.jpg

We use a Taurus wagon at the moment, not optimal but it is paid for.

We can fit two complete recreational rigs, 4 tanks and 2 bicycles in the back of it comfortably (we ride bikes as well... and yes, I know about the excercise-possible DCS hit problem, we don't ride if we have been diving anywhere even remotely NEAR the limits).

Our 2003 Chevrolet Suburban Z71 4x4 aka SCUBA Truck
The front
normal_scubatruck07.jpg

The Side
normal_scubatruck02.jpg

The Back
normal_scubatruck01.jpg

Packed Truck (we are getting better and better at packing it! This was our first time.. Gear for 6 divers all in the back)
normal_packedtruck09.JPG

2008 Honda Ridgeline. I really like the flexibility: 4 doors, rear seats fold up completely and individually for seating/cargo flexibility, locking "trunk" space under the bed, tailgate that folds down or opens sideways, and pickup bed with tie-down points for keeping tanks outside of the passenger compartment (a big deal to me.) Plus roof racks to hold a Thule if necessary.

I've got a 4 door chevy tahoe I use for diving. works great.

(looking for a pic of it loaded up, but don't have one on this computer.)

Regardless of your vehicle, get you a set of Husky Liners for your cargo area.

This keeps wet BC's, wetsuits, sand/dirt out of your carpet and carpet padding. keeping this moisture out keeps down mildew and smell.

you can get one for about any cargo area.

they have a lip on them to keep moisture from draining over the side. they work great and I won't have a SUV without one.

like this

1686_1559.jpeg

I've got a 4 door chevy tahoe I use for diving. works great.

(looking for a pic of it loaded up, but don't have one on this computer.)

Regardless of your vehicle, get you a set of Husky Liners for your cargo area.

This keeps wet BC's, wetsuits, sand/dirt out of your carpet and carpet padding. keeping this moisture out keeps down mildew and smell.

you can get one for about any cargo area.

they have a lip on them to keep moisture from draining over the side. they work great and I won't have a SUV without one.

like this

1686_1559.jpeg

This is a great idea I will have to see if I can find one for my Blazer.

Or better idea just get one like the one above :rofl3::rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom