DC800 versus DC1000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I Dive

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I lost my DC800 on a dive recently so I bought another online yesterday. The retailer just contacted me and said it's on back order. They offered me the DC1000 for the same price, $400. On the surface, this seems like an awesome deal. But, I don't know the DC1000 aside from it's the newest Sealife model. I did really really like my DC800 and I'm not the type that needs the latest and greatest, I just need what I like. Is the DC1000 everything the DC800 is and more or is it altogether different?

I feel your pain. I just lost the camera but can't find anyone with just the camera. I did get a $450 offer for the Dc1000 since the 800 is out of stock. WOuld you mind telling me who offered you the 1000 for same price as 800? Thanks

I like my DC1000 so far but have not used a DC800. You can compare the specs/features on Sealife's website. I have to believe you will be even happier. You can now use the wide angle lens if you have one, have more optical zoom, and more megapixels, FWIW.

I like my DC1000 so far but have not used a DC800. You can compare the specs/features on Sealife's website. I have to believe you will be even happier. You can now use the wide angle lens if you have one, have more optical zoom, and more megapixels, FWIW.

Thanks, I decided to go for it. I think you are right and I will be very happy with it!

I lost my DC800 on a dive recently so I bought another online yesterday. The retailer just contacted me and said it's on back order. They offered me the DC1000 for the same price, $400. On the surface, this seems like an awesome deal. But, I don't know the DC1000 aside from it's the newest Sealife model. I did really really like my DC800 and I'm not the type that needs the latest and greatest, I just need what I like. Is the DC1000 everything the DC800 is and more or is it altogether different?
Dang!

Stickied at the top of this forum is a SeaLife parts supplier

SeaLife Parts Direct

The DC800 camera only replacement... $250

On the plus side, the DC1000 went back to using a wide-angle lens... I find that to be a huge plus!

Dang!

Stickied at the top of this forum is a SeaLife parts supplier

SeaLife Parts Direct

The DC800 camera only replacement... $250

On the plus side, the DC1000 went back to using a wide-angle lens... I find that to be a huge plus!

The camera replacement wouldn't help me, I lost the housing as well, I lost everything except the charger and bag!

I-Dive,

Who was the retailer - for $400 I'll make the upgrade from my 600.

thanks

They aren't offering the 1000 for $400. They messed up by having an 800 on their site listed for $400. I bought that and the next day the contacted me saying I could either cancel the order or they would send me a 1000 for the same price. It was just a good customer service move. Overall, I was incredibly impressed by this dive shop's customer service, etc..., and would love to post up their name to give them some good PR but at the same time I don't want them getting bombarded by people trying to buy 1000's for $400. The 1000 was only offered to me for the $400 as a smart customer service move due to their error of saying they had 800's in stock and ready to ship.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom