Calling all doctors... real ones, not tv characters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Call DAN!! Thats what they are there for. They have people on staff that deal with situations like that. Even if you are not a member they will still help you.

i went onto dans site and they just are neutral. there is one death in like a million from sleep deprivation....so far every one says no worries. I am finding tons and tons of people who dive who have been on this machine for over 20 yrs...

i am being a big sissy about this...i just dont want to wear a device to bed. its hard enough to sleep as it is...LOL

I don't think I would need mouth to mouth, but if I did it is okay for you or Sam to help me out. :wink:

John
:shocked2:

as for me and sam at the same time, money would be involved...for diving of course..

w

Yeah, what our Wendy said. :wink:

i went onto dans site and they just are neutral. there is one death in like a million from sleep deprivation....so far every one says no worries. I am finding tons and tons of people who dive who have been on this machine for over 20 yrs...

i am being a big sissy about this...i just dont want to wear a device to bed. its hard enough to sleep as it is...LOL

Wendy

I feel your pain - I had to wear a CPAP mask to sleep until I lost weight (not that you have that issue) - it was like wearing a fighter pilot mask to bed every night

On the plus side - I did sleep better once I got used to it.

You are not being a sissy - tech diving stresses O2 toxicity & the effects of gas in our system at depth - being aware of what may\may not be an issue with diving is just being heads up & making sure you do not get killed because you didn't take something into account.

Just my $.02

Be Safe.

John

I am not a Dr but sometimes I play Dr in the bedro . . . err never mind. . .

Hey W CALL DAN!! they are doctors that can tell you everything you need to know, The website is more or less generic answers, but if you call them they can get into details and actually confab with your doctor. I had to do it with my migraine problem because my doc didnt know what physiological problem there might be and they were great.

:angel:your right rich. i will call....

letter boy, you showing up this weekend? it is THE ONLY WEEKEND this summer...use it or loose it....:eek:npatrol:
it seems that by all accounts, clearing up this lack of oxygen will only help my diving. so far no one who has this has had to account for it in their mix or their bottom time....

but rich, i will call dan, right now...:angel:

Wendy, with a machine doing the work of keeping your airway open, you may not need O2. Also, remember when breathing O2 at depth, you are concerned with the O2 partial pressure and time of exposure.

In bed, you are at essentially std pressure, 14.7 psi, (no dirty jokes here). You would not be breathing O2 at higher partial pressure so it will should not affect you 24 hr. exposure.

CAVEAT your cpap will be set to specific numbers mine is 13/8. This may be psi, as in positive pressure. My unit stops the high pressure as soon as it feels resistance so I am not getting any over pressure.

Did you have a sleep test yet? A cpap test in a sleep lab will help answer your question on this.

John

Oh, and wear your dive computer while you sleep to account for the exposure. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom