Aeris Elite T3 Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Siantis

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Today I went out to test my new pony tank. At the end of the dive I moved into shallow water and purged both tanks down to around 500 psi to check buoyancy.

Now the Elite T3, which is using a wireless transmitter to ONLY my main HP100 tank, is giving me all sorts of problems. This has only been the third dive on it.

It's flashing TIME TOO LOW, which I believe is because I have it set to return me to the surface with 800 PSI.

The main issue though, is that it has continued the dive ever since I exited the water. In air, it is reading 6 feet depth, and the dive time counter keeps ticking away.

I grabbed my other computer, and went in for a quick dive down to 30 feet about 4 hours later. No luck with the Elite T3. Still read wrong at depth, and still reading 6 feet in air.

I'm going to let it sit for 24 hours or so, but if anyone has any ideas, I'm listening.

Note: I cut the watch bands off it when I received it from ScubaToys in April in order to put it in a DSS bungee mount. Would that effect the warranty status?

TIA

You cut the wristband :confused:
You could have taken it out of the boot,without any damage.

You still can do so and just sent in the module for service,I guess

The TIME TOO LOW thing is what you have already figured out. That's why I reset mine to 500-PSI. But the other thing is definitely something screwed up with the computer. Send it in.

Cutting the wrist strap will void the warranty... of the strap... but the computer - that will still be covered. If it's not working right, you can take it to any authorized dealer, call oceanic, or shoot it back to us... which ever is easiest.

Thanks ST. I turned it on today, and it reads that it is on surface mode. So I'm going to dive it again this weekend to make sure one way or the other.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom