Why are you called.....The Great Screen Name Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine's pretty original :D Ummm...JMS are my initials, diving is what I like to do, better than a day at the "office."

I see that many people have names derived from when BBS were common place. I don't remember my handle back then, but I belonged to a group called the Chocolate Bunnies From Hell. =-)

:confused: Chocolate Bunnies from Hell?!? :confused:

Or do we not want to know?

I used to iron my wavy black hair in the 70's to get it straight and look like Cher.
But I looked more like Natasha, you know from Rocky and Bullwinkle. My friends all called me Natasha, and my dad loved the name too.
:wink:
:sunny:

I was not used to the sun. so I had a black felt hat (which made me sweat like a pig) and black Raybans.
So I was nicknamed Belushi.
When I was 21, I was at university and a few of my friends were in a rock band, and for my 21st birthday party, they forced me to drink lots of alcohol and got me on stage (in front of 200 people) with them to sing "Everybody needs somebody to love"

Originally posted by OceanSpirit
I thought of this name whilst sitting on the beach at sunset down in Cornwall after just qualifying for the AOW. The ocean was in front of me with the orange sun reflected in it and it all seeemed so spiritual. Sad, eh?
Oh contrare! I think yours is a wonderful name. It's not sad at all!

I like the way you came across it too. I can imagine how it was to sit looking at the sun-reflected ocean! I don't think I'm a hippy or sentimental sorta-chick, but love those times when you can just sit and look at water. *sigh*

(its the end of the working week... I'm sitting back, nice cool chardonnay in my glass, sunhat tipped lightly back on my forehead, toes free to wiggle out of my work shoes, bit of a breeze bringing the briny scent of sea... I'm lookin' at Ocean spirit's sunset and thinkin' about tomorrow's dive.... YEAHHHHHH):peace:

-bash

y'all could probably figure out mine by yourself, but...

a sprite is a small superatural being, or an elf or fairy, or lively, funloving spirit. (I'm a small person) art is in front of it because I'm an artist.

Originally posted by amoeba
:confused: Chocolate Bunnies from Hell?!? :confused:

Or do we not want to know?

I was a bit of a dissident then, not agreeing with mainstream society. I hung around with a bunch of folk of the same philosophy and we kind of formed this little posting group that would shoot blasphemy at the crowds.

Those days were kind of fun and the internet not even close to mainstream reality. Commadore, Atari, PCjr, Apple. Wasn't it grand?

jeeps, scuba diving, and pinkbubbles....(she's my girlfriend) and my name is kevin...plus, my e-mail addy was jeepinkev, and I don't have the greatest memory, so I needed something that I wouldn't forget...

Back
Top Bottom