SR1 Noise while diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tropitan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,
I have a brand new Sherwood SR1 with about 5 dives. On every dive the 2nd stage makes a low 'wheezing/whistling' noise while inhaling. It doesn't do this on the surface.
The reg. performs flawlessly in every other way, and I am very pleased with it but the noise is annoying. Suggestions? Thanks.

I'd have it checked. Never noticed this with mine.

BTW, one tip I give to all new SR1 owners. When you turn your gas on, put your thumb on the top of the environmental seal just to give a little resistance when the piston pops up. Otherwise, they do have a tendency to pop every so often, and you then have to put your reg in the shop for a couple of days. The guy who serviced mine after it happened to me gave me that tip, and touch wood, haven't had a problem since then. Best reg I ever owned.

Please take the Regulator back to your local sherwood dealer. There is a minor tweak that our technician can do to eliminate that. The dealer will just need to get an RGA from Sherwood and send it in.

What shop will you be taking it back to?

Sherwood

I have had two SR1s in the past month with the same noise....leasurepro could not fix it so they sent it in to sherwood, they kept it for two weeks and finaly leasurepro sent me a new one on monday-15-2009, I was in the water Tuesday the 16th and I'll be jiggered if the same noise is still there....so now I'm sending it back Thursday the 18th.
So now leasurepro is sending me the Atomic "M1" as a replacement....
any opinon on the M1?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom