Pelham AL dive this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTodd77

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
ANYBODY DIVING ALABAMA BLUEWATER THIS WEEKEND? I'D LIKE TO DIVE SATUDAY SO IF ANYBODY IS GOING OR WOULD WANT TOO LET ME KNOW AS I'D LIKE TO TAG ALONG.

CHEERS,
TODD:coffee:

My wife and I are finishing our OW there on the 20th-21st.

So any feedback on water temps would be great. She is easily chilled and we are going to buy a hood for her 3mil suit, though she thinks she wants to rent a 5mil one.

Gonna be there Saturday. We'll arrive sometime between 10 & 11.

It's cold below the thermocline.

AL

was there this week,,,10th 11 th and 12th,,,,,,,5mil ,no hood,,,nice til after 25 feet,,,,,at 30 ft it chilled ,at 40ft was a bit chillier,,needed a hood

With all the rain vis wasn't that great. Dove with a hood and down to 30 wasn't bad. Hit a thermocline there but could handle it. Another thermocline about 58' and it got cool there. Another thermocline around 90 or so and it was frigid below 100.

Russ and I got our 100' dive in for the NC trip. I borrowed a friends Transpac II that I plan on using in NC. Had some problems maintaining depth and buoyancy. I was navigating in the void with a compass with no visual references. The navigation and the unfamiliarity of the new BC caused me to be a bit task loaded and I was porpoising a bit.

Met up with some other members of the dive team there.

With all the rain vis wasn't that great. Dove with a hood and down to 30 wasn't bad. Hit a thermocline there but could handle it. Another thermocline about 58' and it got cool there. Another thermocline around 90 or so and it was frigid below 100.

Russ and I got our 100' dive in for the NC trip. I borrowed a friends Transpac II that I plan on using in NC. Had some problems maintaining depth and buoyancy. I was navigating in the void with a compass with no visual references. The navigation and the unfamiliarity of the new BC caused me to be a bit task loaded and I was porpoising a bit.

Met up with some other members of the dive team there.

well.... at least if I didn't get to go diving this weekend, my tanks did.... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom