Ask A Cop!!! Post Your Questions Here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you see an officer with someone pulled over on the side are you supposed to change to the far lane?

In Texas, whenever you see any emergency vehicles operating at the side of the road, you must either move over at least one lane or slow to 20 mph below the posted speed limit. I personally love this law and am very happy to see it enforced.

there should be a public awareness campaign

there should be a public awareness campaign

After a Deputy got struck by a vehicle here, and suffered a massive head injury, there was a HUGE campaign. Billboards, TV spots, new signs along the highways and stricter enforcement.

The Milwaukee Sheriff's Dept now has their Deputy's wear reflective vests at all times. Partly because of the prior incident and partly due to the new federal regulations.

In Texas, whenever you see any emergency vehicles operating at the side of the road, you must either move over at least one lane or slow to 20 mph below the posted speed limit. I personally love this law and am very happy to see it enforced.

This law has been in effect for several years here now. Sadly, I still see most people not abide by it.

what law is there that says I should have to carry ID with me?

If I'm out exercising (running, etc) I don't carry an ID with me.

I don't agree that you should have to identify yourself to police if asked either. I have a right to privacy and just because some cop doesn't know who I am, then he doesn't (or should have) the right to know if I haven't done anything wrong....

Mike,

If youÃÓe out running and you don't have an ID with you I think you are doing a disservice to yourself and your family. You could be a victim of a crime (assault, robbery, mugging) or you could be hit by a car or suffer a heart attack or stroke and you would be just a Å«ohn Doe to the police, EMS or hospital. When I run I keep my DL in a wrist pouch just for that reason.

Now as to your statement ÄûSPAN style="BACKGROUND: yellow; mso-highlight: yellow">I have a right to privacy and just because some cop doesn't know who I am, then he doesn't (or should have) the right to know if I haven't done anything wrongÆû/SPAN> be real my friend. How is anyone to know if you have done anything wrong? Most of the criminals I have caught were after I have stopped and questioned them when responding to a criminal complaint. And guess what they also said they did nothing wrong. You do have a right to privacy, however, consider if you match the general description of a criminal that just robbed a 7-11 three blocks away it is only common sense that a police officer would stop you and ask for identification. Many criminals I have stopped do not carry ID strictly in the hopes we can not identify them and and/or they may have outstanding warrants for their arrest. After all criminals donÃÕ have a identifying sign on them saying ÅÄrook?

Any civilization that requires all citizens to carry ID is on the point of collapse

By the way, that was a paraphrase from the notebooks of Lazarus Long from "Time Enough for Love" by Heinlien.

I don't know the exact number, over ten

They make car safes, if it was unloaded and locked in there they would never know and would need cause to search your car? I have the same issue...at some point it becomes a futile debate according to the concealed permit instructor that just gave my sister's course because he claims the law is usually in distances that would include driving by on given adjacent roadway. I think she said it is a Clinton law and it is federal.

where's that Mr Cop?

I'm not in my own vehicle when I am there. It is a state owned vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom