New Father Son Divers From Fort Worth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Intimnasc

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey all new to diving and hope to get going more often. Got certified last year and only did my certification dives. I am going to Balmorhea state park in june to get some practice then in July going to dive the Texas Clipper and an oil rig in the gulf. Almost completely geared and still learning. Son became a driving teenager on me and thought this would be interesting enough to keep us doing more together.

hi, i'm kamal ismail from lebanon , i need your help ,
i have license in open water diving & advence & deeps , i need to do commerial diving " study " . can you help me where i can do it ?

Hello, welcome to diving. I am also new to this board but have been diving in Texas for about 5 years. I have been to the oil rig and the Texas Clipper you are talking about. The clipper was sunk a couple of years ago and is starting to get better, with more wildlife. I tried to dive it about two weeks ago but water was really bad. I only had about 10 feet of visiblity at 70 feet. I have been out to the clipper on a 50-60 foot visibilty day and it was a really cool dive. do yourself a favor and take a good light it can sometimes be pretty dark down there. The oil rig is neat also; although not as much to see on the Clipper, but none the less pretty neat. I am not sure who you talked to about the diving, but I do all my diving with John Mcyntire from the Scuba shack in mcallen he is a good guy.

Hi. Welcome to the board and diving. We just joined today and are also from Fort Worth. My husband and I got certified May 2008 through Grapevine Scuba. We went to St. Lucia and did 2 dives. We are taking our boys, one also drives....scary, to Cozumel in August. We have been diving at Clear Springs Scuba Park in Terrell just to get used to our gear and work on our skills. Visability leaves a lot to be desired but it has been good for our compass skills. The plus with CSSP is that it's only an 1.5 hours or less from our house. I am very curious to hear what you think about Balmorhea. We have talked about going out there some time. Good luck with the rig dive. Our dive instructor highly recommended the "Flower Gardens" etc. in the Gulf.

Another Fort Worth diver here! I am starting my OW cert classes tonight!

We should start a FW diving club if there isn't one already as I see there are 3 here and I'm sure tons more!

Welcome. Come dive Clear Springs sometime. It'll take you about an hour and a half to get there from Ft. Worth.

OH wow missed a few replies sorry guys. Yeah a Fort Worth Dive club could be fun. My Niece is a dive instructor and certified my son and I so I got it pretty much free. She is going to Balmorhea with us tomorrow but couldn't make the trip to Padre this year. I'd be interested in pitting together a Fort Worth Meet up and maybe even a dive trip to some fresh water sites near by to meet eachother.

Aloha and welcome aboard the mighty Scubabaord ya'all. Hope you get a chance to dive that oil rig. Heard there can be some big pelagics once in a while near those things! Keep us posted how you do this summer!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom