Premiere and Exporting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seansrs36

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I finished using Premire Pro CS4 for the first time. I went to export the file and when I export it, it will export the video and audio as separate files. I have selected export both video and audio. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Sean

Are you using the "File | Export | Movie... " command or "File | Export | Export to Encore..."?

If you export to a movie, they should be one file. If you export to Encore then you should end up with an audio file and a video file.

I'm a FCP editor, but I did some tests in Premiere to answer your question.

Im not sure what your doing worng. But when I export my video files in cs4 then I go to file export, then I select the type of video file I want and then I say ok and then it sends it to adobe media encoder for rendering the video file. Im working on a Mac, you might be working on windows but ja hope I helped you!!! ENJOY

No offense, but CS4 is garbage. I own a video production company and we have had NOTHING but trouble with the software. CS2, fine. CS3, good. But, CS4? Heartache all day long.

Are you using windows or mac because I,m barley having any problem with my cs4 and it edits great I only get problems at times (rarley) with ENCORE.

Last edited:
When you export out of CS4 with the Media Encoder I am assuming that you are exporting a MPEG 2 that is DVD Complient. If so click on the Multiplexer tap down twards the bottom right hand side of the Encoder window if you have DVD checked it will export 1 file, if you have None checked it will export 2 seperate files. I personally always leave it on None so that I can have 2 seperate files to import into Encore. That way I can change one or the other if I have to.

I am using Premiere CS4.1 all day every day with no problems on a PC. It has its moments but for the most part it has been great. I use to use Avid but switched to Premiere about a year ago just to try it out and I really like it. The work flow was much easier in Premiere, plus I like the easy integration with After Effects, Photoshop, Audition and the other Adobe Products...

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom