Diving Key Peninsula

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jsv72

New
Reaction score
Does anyone here have experience diving on key peninsula and can recommend a dive site?

How do the two state parks look - Joemma Beach and Penrose Point?

The WA Parks website lists Scuba Diving as a popular activity at Penrose Point, but I have not been able to find any reviews, maps, news, or other information on this site.

I've only dove Key Peninsula a few times and it was a long time ago. As I recall, both parks were un-remarkable with very little in the way of visual treats. Mostly rubble / mud / silt. When I was there the viz was bad (3-6') and I stayed focused on the small critters (what few I could find). You might have better luck if you study the charts in that area and look for potential wall structure and rock outcroppings. I'd also talk to the folks at the Olympia dive shop and with the Olympia dive club (I think they are called the Kelp crallers???). They should be able to share recent, first hand and objective dive reviews of that area with you.

Best of Luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom