Nikon D60 Digital SLR Camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a D 60 and think it's a great camera for the price however, with this camera you must use the eyepiece for shooting. The screen is only for viewing pictures and showing information. If this is important to you go with one of their higher end cameras.

I have a D 60 and think it's a great camera for the price however, with this camera you must use the eyepiece for shooting. The screen is only for viewing pictures and showing information. If this is important to you go with one of their higher end cameras.

I thought just about everybody used the viewfinder for shooting under water with ALL dSLR cameras. Is that not so?

Last edited:
Yes, as far as I know, no one uses live view on the LCD for shooting underwater (although it is great for reviewing photos). Personally, I don't use it on land, either.

Most people I know use the viewfinder however, I have one friend who ( because of vision problems) uses live view for shooting. I personally prefer the viewfinder but he gets better photos than I do so at least for him live view works well.

I thought just about everybody used the viewfinder for shooting under water with ALL dSLR cameras. Is that not so?

I had a D-200 with a 10-20 sigma lens, and it works very well UW I sold the D-200 becuse I wanted a smaller lighter camera for travel and UW. I will be using the sigma 10-20 for my wide angle and nikon has a 60 mm AFS lens you can use for macro, my new camera is the D-60 any AFS lens will work on that camera.I havent used the D-60 UW yet but I think it should work as good as the D-200 but lighter. I use Ikelite housings and will be getting the new one soon. Ray

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom