Dive in Portugal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello again,yes Monte Gordo is near Tavira 15 mins in car. Despite living near Tavira i have only heard of the existance of some divers here,advertising of services etc is still quite backward here ,so maybe they exist and maybe they don´t.
Bicho do Mar in Olhao are a good firm ,i´ve known the owner for 22 years and can vouch for his reliability. However,Bicho only dive on Sundays and public holidays(know as "feriados") .. I have also dived Carvoeiro and Sagres and both of those centres are good. The seas around Sagres are much more interesting that those of the eastern Algarve.. If you(Anandus) are going to be without transport whilst here,then i don´t mind if you tag along to Sagres with me on one Saturday. I have a pick up truck ,so not much room for more than 2 people.Let me know what you think. All the best.
Neilkendra.

Hey Neil, that's a very nice offer! (Sorry for the late reaction)

I don't know if I'll have transport there (eg. renting a car), but it's very nice of you!

So I can better forget about diving in the eastern Algarve and focus on Faro and further west?

Also I read somewhere that september isn't the best month for diving, can anybody confirm this?

As I told before September is not the best month to dive in Algarve. And I can confirm that the Eastern Algarve is less attractive to dive than Sagres side.

But I can recommend you again Subnauta as they have all the equipment and you can go by train to Portimão, is not so far and you can arrange the transfer with them.

Also I can program a special trip from Monte Gordo to a Dive spot but it will be expensive for just one diver. Keep in touch, if I heard about more divers to make this program I will post here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom