Buy New Gear for less.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks pretty straight forward to me.
Some people just have fun in helping others out.
I would love to have someone like this close to me.:)

Trust me - I understand the concept of networking and referring people for a good deal.

I don't understand the concept of not being able to tell who the retailer or any other important details..

Been helping folk here for a few years now. Completely legit, no gray market nonsense. If you want a camcorder, camera, housing, lens or whatever, just get the best price you can from some legit shop like B & H and I will be able to get the price down for you. I just have the connections that's all. I get no money, you give me nothing, you will deal directly with the store which has a 98% positive rating on resellers.com All I ask is that you do your own research as to what you want and contact me only when you are really ready to go for it. You will tell me what you want and how much the other shop is asking plus shipping and I will get it for you cheaper. How much, I can't say, especially in this economy but you will risk nothing and save something. Once you are satisfied with the price I will then put you in contact with the store's owner,not someone who just works there. He just agreed several years ago to beat B & Hs prices if it went through me.
Steve
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

Trust me - I understand the concept of networking and referring people for a good deal.

I don't understand the concept of not being able to tell who the retailer or any other important details..

B&H looks like a retailer to me.

To the OP, you have any connections with non-camera gear places???.....jus-ta-wonderin'.....

I'm with Will on this one. While the OP has obviously been an active member on scubaboard, NOT knowing who I'm actually giving my money to is not an option. If they were so great, we'd probably all have heard of them by now. In fact, Will's questions weren't answered twice. Odd. Instead, he was answered with another question (why do shops use ads without prices). Uhhhh....to get you to visit their site/store. I'd LOVE to visit the site or store. Just tell me who it is and I'll do my own shopping since you get nothing anyway. Thanks.

Once a person decides they like the price, I give them the store and owner. Most everyone has heard of the dealer once I tell them. No one, at any point, is under any obligation. If you walked into a dealer and they gave you a price on something, would you be obligated to then buy? Of course not. Why don't I say it until that time? Because if you went directly then I couldn't wrangle a lower price. You'd be dealing with an employee and not the owner with whom I have this special arrangement. That's the only reason. I've been helping people get cameras (which I know little about) camcorders, housings, lens, tripods, editing decks and even TVs for less for a long time and now regret being in the middle of this little controversy.
Sorry to have caused it and let that be the end of things. If someone wants to contact me for help, I will, but no more posts will be going up after this one.
Steve
ps Muad'dib is correct, It has only been about helping and advising people and having fun. I guess, until now.

he has stated the rules clearly. if you like it give it a try if you don't then forget about it. lots of stores will do "under the table" deals that they do not advertise widely. they may want to avoid escalating price wars or issues with their suppliers' pricing requirements.

Sounded fishy to me too when I first heard about Steve's offer. Decided to see what this was all about when I wanted to buy a Ikelite housing for my Canon HV10. Researched for the lowest price, contacted Steve, and he did offer a way to buy it for less through his connection.

I know the store. They've been around for a long time. Have 2 walk in stores, not just online. Met and dealt with the owner. Picked up my housing in person at the store. No problems. Thanks Steve.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom