Cruise/dive Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MATTKINZ

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
In early 2010 I plan to do a cruise that docks in all 3 locales (aruba, bonaire, and curacao) in addition to Cartagena and santa marta ,Colombia.

From the piers, where best to go to get good diving??

Can one rent tanks and just go off the beach somewhere, and if so, where is best?

How about boat trips. I should be able to be on island for most of day each destination.

I have heard the cruise lines arrange trips and charge about double what you would normally pay. Is this true?

How about the places in Colombia, is it safe for American tourist to dive there?

Any feedback from experienced travellers will be appreciated.. Thanks mk

Matt: Just about the entire west coast of Bonaire is suitable for shore diving. Assuming you have rented a truck, "the world is your oyster" on Bonaire as they say.

There are numerous dive shops which will also rent you a complete line of equipment for the day if you so desire.My advice, get a truck & head south. Stop at Buddy Dive at Belmar, pick up your equipment & tanks & just take the southern seaside road & pick out a site that looks interesting.

Conversely, stop at any of the dive shops & inquire if they have room on a boat doing some diving out at Klein Bonaire. In the real world however, you'll find that one day is woefully inadequate.
Enjoy your trip.

Clive with Dive Aruba will pick you up at the ship and deliver you back.
Great guy. I only dive with Clive when i'm on Aruba !

I will assume you are on Bonaire only for daytime. not overnight.

When on Bonaire check with Divi Flamingo next to the cruise ship pier. You can get a decent shore dive from there. If not there take a taxi up to Buddy's, Habitat, Eden Beach. Get gear there and dive your heart our along Bari Reef area. You could virtually spend a week of diving along that short stretch and have a great time. That is perhaps the simplest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom