Phoenix man uses scuba gear to escape burning home!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teamcasa

Sr. Moderator
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Phoenix man uses scuba gear to escape burning home | LOCAL NEWS | Arizona | azfamily.com

PHOENIX -- A Phoenix man is lucky to be alive after using scuba gear to escape his burning multi-million dollar home.

Crews were called out to the Biltmore Estates near 26th Street and Camelback Road early Sunday morning. It was neighbors who made the 911 call.
"I just saw some orange glow, so I went outside and there was a huge fire coming out of the skylight of the house so I ran outside and called 911," said J.D. Bird. "I could actually feel the heat standing like 30 yards away."
The homeowner, Michael Marin, told firefighters he threw on his scuba gear so he could breathe and used a collapsible safety ladder to climb out the window of his second-story bedroom.
"In all my years on the job, this is the first time I've seen somebody use scuba diving equipment to get out of a fire," said Phoenix Fire Department Capt. Dorian Jackson.
Marin was taken to the hospital and treated for smoke inhalation. He is expected to be just fine.
It's not yet known what sparked the fire.

Local News | Video On Demand | Arizona | azfamily.com

That's why I always keep a full tank and my reg set at the ready.

Now, here's a serious use for a Spare Air!! :eyebrow:

What a quick thinker this guy was! I wonder if i could tell my hubby i need two more tanks so we have one for each family member in case of fire.

Yeah. And reg sets all around. Hmm. Ya think Janet would buy that argument?

let me know if your spouses go for it, then I throw it past my wife...

thats awsome. quick thinking on his part. second floor, huh? how many people keep thier scuba gear set up, up stairs in their home??? that almost sounds suspicious! but its great that it worked out for him!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom