Key West Dive Shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CMOST

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm planning a trip down to Key West and need to know if someone can put me in touch with a good shop that I can dive with. I want to do a 2 tank morning deep dive and then on the way back in a shallower dive. I am only going to be there a short time and I have to snorkel with my wife as well. So it would be great if the shop offers snorkel trips also. Any help would be great! :D

Contact Speargirl here on the board. She is in Key Largo but she knows everyone down there. Thats about as much help as I can give you.

I dove with Capt's Corner last november and had a good time.

I did two tanks with Captain's Corner two weeks ago. Very enjoyable. They do snorkeling trips also.

I always dive with Dive Key West. Bob has owned it for 25+ years and they always do a fantastic trip. You can find cheaper but you wont find any better.

My friends own Dive Key West. They are located next to the Sears store (Searstown) which saves time driving through town. Their boat is located on Stock Island which makes them closer to the dive sites. They load up your gear and drive it to the marina and have taken divers over with them if you don't have a car. They go out twice a day for two tank dives and take snorkelers. You can check out their website at Dive Key West; Key West Scuba Diving Charters, Scuba Dive, Diving, Dive Charters in Key West Florida

I just dove with LOST REEF ADVENTURES and had a great pair of dives! Their number is 800-952-2749 their website is Scuba Diving, Snorkeling in Key West, Florida - Lost Reef Adventures
We did a double dip on the Vandenburg for only $55. They were the least expensive dive shop of several I polled before chartering and they dont "baby sit" on you during the dive.
One dive charter offered to charge me $110, lead me around, and not allow any penetration. It seems they cater more to newbies than advanced divers. That aint for me!

I just dove with LOST REEF ADVENTURES and had a great pair of dives! Their number is 800-952-2749 their website is Scuba Diving, Snorkeling in Key West, Florida - Lost Reef Adventures
We did a double dip on the Vandenburg for only $55. They were the least expensive dive shop of several I polled before chartering and they dont "baby sit" on you during the dive.
One dive charter offered to charge me $110, lead me around, and not allow any penetration. It seems they cater more to newbies than advanced divers. That aint for me!

That's a good price. It's nice to see that at least there is one operation (maybe more) that isn't trying to gouge people.

I did my first ocean dive with Lost Reef Adventures yesterday. I hired a guide since it was my first reef dive and he was very helpful. They also do combo scuba/snorkeling trips and the rates seemed very reasonable. They are doing a Vandenberg dive tomorrow so it seems like they can accommodate us newbies as well as more experienced divers. I loved the trip and recommend them.

I wanted to add about Lost Reef price:
The $55 price is the RIDE ONLY! No Equipment is included in this price. If you need it they can rent you equipment at an additional charge.
I had an AWESOME time and the Vandy is perfectly situated on the bottom so you can have a lot to see at shallower depths (80') and max out your bottom time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom