Everything checked but not getting thread updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll mark this as solved. Glad everything is good. :)

I'll mark this as solved. Glad everything is good. :)

Yes, I got this email. :D

Being the IT geek I am, I'm curious what the issue was.

PHP send mail vs. SMTP :)

We did two things...

We just migrated to our new server clusters, but they were not defined as servers being able to send mail on behalf of ScubaBoard.

So, Howarde just routed them through the server that DOES have that authority while Dallas finally enabled all of the SB servers to be able to do that as well. If you are having any additional issues with getting mail from us: LET US KNOW! I was pretty amazed at how smooth the server migration went and nobody experienced any down time. We are certain that there will be a few things here and there that did not migrate over in the way we wanted, but we still have a HUGE list of things still to be done.

So to clarify who does what for those inclined to blame others...

El Orans does forum administration for vBulletin related items. Creating forums, proofreading copy, changing user names: anything that is governed by the admin panel.

DallasMarlow is our technical administrator. He does all the heavy lifting when it comes to servers talking with each other, as well as securing/enabling data bases, backups, restores: anything that is done from a command line!

BOTH of these gentlemen are volunteers and are great at what they do. I (and the board) owe them a great deal of thanks for the stability and consistency that we currently enjoy.

HowardE and I are the Jacks of all Trades here on ScubaBoard. Now Howarde's official role is the Director of Marketing and he graciously steps in to help out with server maintenance as do I. He is incredibly resourceful and tenacious in resolving issues both technical and personal.

Thanks to all of you for all you do! You are very much appreciated!!!! :hugs:

Sorry to say, but it looks like I'm not getting emails again. I didn't get one from a PM I received yesterday and a few subscription posts, then I know I didn't receive a few from some of the threads I'm subscribed to today. Has anything changed in the past few days?

can you please check your email?

i see in the server logs that the last one was sent you at 17:47:19 (5:47 PM EST).

Yes, I did get one at 1:15 PST from a thread I had just replied to. Could it be that I just have to re-subscribe to the threads again?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom