Flash setup for A720IS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fleadog,

Any update on how you got on with that flash unit.?

I just picked up an Intova ISS 200 flash head for $120. I set to one preflash and it works great. Can't wait to try it in water.

The ISS 2000 flash is working very well. I have only had it in the water twice so far, once at Dutch and once at Minnewaska Lake. I use one preflash and have played with different flash inteneities. I find level 1 or 2 gives me enough light for most situations.

The flash is on a 12" arm from an Ikelite case and single handle. I have trouble aiming the flash so I rubber banded a Trident laser pointer to the flash head. The laser pointer really helps, but you have to remove it from the picture later.

I have not found a defuser for it yet; I may just make one myself. I would definitely buy one again.

John

Thanks for the update. Sorry for delay in replying, but I do not think I have received any notification of this thread being updated.

I'll be getting one when I come to the States.

I know this thread is pretty much over, but I want to ask if anyone has used the Ikelite AF-35 with the Canon A720 IS? I have never taken a shot underwater...was concerned I'd start paying more attention to the 'shot' than the 'dive'. Thought I would use my old Canon Digital Rebel, but don't want to spend that much on housing. So decided I would use my point and shoot...Canon A720 IS to dip my toes into the water, so to speak.

Bought the Ikelite housing and now need a strobe. Seems everyone agrees on the Inon D-2000, but it's more than I want to spend and seems complicated. The reviews I've read of the Ikelite AF-35 all seem to indicate it works and is simple...which sounds good to me. Any comments on the AF-35 before I buy this week? Thanks.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom