No VA Kaiser Dive Savvy Doctor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fly Girl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm posting this here because I know how hard it is to not only find a dive savvy ENT in Northern Virginia, but also to find one if you are with Kaiser HMO. I've been seeing Dr. Sarita Kasa, Kaiser ENT Falls Church, this week. As she trained in Miami, she is very knowledgeable about dive related injuries. She has diagnosed me with a Perilymphatic Fistula and is trying to get me additional help as no one in Kaiser does the repair surgery. She is an excellent doctor, very compassionate, and understands how diving works. Funny, when I started having these problems a year ago, ScubaBoard's Doctor Mike advised me to have my ENT then look into a fistula problem. That ENT blew off any problem other than a stuffy ear and that basically I was doing something totally stupid and dangerous like diving. Dr. Kasa recognized the issue immediately, understands my love of diving, and is doing what she can to make sure I can dive again, but balancing that with I cannot afford any more hearing loss. I just wish I had seen her a year ago before I had the hearing loss. For now, all I can do is recommend her to my Northern Virginia dive friends.

Just searched for "Sarita Kasa" by name on Aetna's Docfind. No such luck.

Fly Girl, would you please inform DAN of your experiences? It would be helpful to add to their listing of dive-friendly physicians. The closest ENT they could refer me to was in Bethesda (Dr Schoenfeld, IIRC - quite good). DAN can be found at DAN Divers Alert Network.

Back
Top Bottom