Whaleshark trip week of July 18-26?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I willl be at villablanca and diving with scubamau aug 15 - 22nd. I would be interested in a whale shark trip as well. pm me if you need more.
This group would be going in July. So unless you made a typo you'll need to arrange your own whaleshark adventure.

So for those that are interested do you prefer to do a day trip only or are you flexible for an ovenight in Isla Mujeres on Tueday whaleshark and return on Wednesday evening if te price is right?

Hi Debbie! How have your dives been so far? Are the boys treating you like a queen?:D
Dives have been awesome...today we dove Columbia Deep and Delila - sharks were the requested critter of the day and we saw 3 including 2 huge nurse.

I namedropped you to both Gabi and Opal today and...well, I probably shouldn't tell you what they said...

:lotsalove: kidding! They said you are going to be a lot of fun to dive with.

So for those that are interested do you prefer to do a day trip only or are you flexible for an ovenight in Isla Mujeres on Tueday whaleshark and return on Wednesday evening if te price is right?
I got your PM. :) I am still considering...trying to stay on budget but this might be hard to resist. Anyway, I'm not quite ready to commit yet so I'm not going to voice an opinion on the day vs. half day issue.

Hopefully a group will get formed without me so I can jump in at the last minute...but if somehow I end up being a deciding factor for group minimums, etc. just let me know, or Opal knows where to find me!

I got your PM. :) I am still considering...trying to stay on budget but this might be hard to resist. Anyway, I'm not quite ready to commit yet so I'm not going to voice an opinion on the day vs. half day issue.

Hopefully a group will get formed without me so I can jump in at the last minute...but if somehow I end up being a deciding factor for group minimums, etc. just let me know, or Opal knows where to find me!
Iam waiting to hear back from her. I do not know if a day only trip is possible going to Isla Mujeres. It is possible for going out of Cancun. The shop that Alohagal used Tank ha price from PDC is $185 including transportation from PDC to Boat dock. So add the additional price of RT ferry whatever that would run. So you at least have an inkling of the price.

Hi DiverG! We can get shark deals at 125 apiece, rent a car from Isis for 30bucks. Seems cheaper to me. wadyathink?

Hi DiverG! We can get shark deals at 125 apiece, rent a car from Isis for 30bucks. Seems cheaper to me. wadyathink?
It is an option as long as I don't have to drive. Would you even be able to rent a vehicle that early? Would we have enough time to rent it and get to were we have to be in time? If we do that we might have to do a trip out of Cancun.

Wednesday the 22nd is the day we don't have diving booked so that gets my whaleshark vote. Of course we can always re-arrange our dive schedule a little if need be. I'd still much rather get it all done in one day if possible so we don't have to pay for a night's hotel stay at Villablanca for nothing.

It is an option as long as I don't have to drive. Would you even be able to rent a vehicle that early? Would we have enough time to rent it and get to were we have to be in time? If we do that we might have to do a trip out of Cancun.
I'd be up for driving. That's how we got from Playa to Coba and Tulum last year. It was much better than being on a crowded bus with all the ordinary tourists. :D

I'd be up for driving. That's how we got from Playa to Coba and Tulum last year. It was much better than being on a crowded bus with all the ordinary tourists. :D
Well how big of a vehicle woul we need? We would have 5 maybe 6 people doing this. What would the cost of that size vehicle be?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom