What are your favorite things to do (aside from diving?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rent a scooter (all the locals drive them) and drive to the other side of the island. The beaches are beautiful. Stop about halfway around at Coconut's for some fajitas and margaritas (very good)! There is one big loop around, so you can't get lost :)

Rent a scooter (all the locals drive them) and drive to the other side of the island. The beaches are beautiful. Stop about halfway around at Coconut's for some fajitas and margaritas (very good)! There is one big loop around, so you can't get lost :)

Please don't rent a scooter unless you are already experienced at riding one AND you don't plan to drink any alcohol. Scooter accidents are by far the single most prevalent cause of injury to gringos on Cozumel (several incidents per day, according to a friend of mine who lives on the island). In my circle of friends and family there have been two deaths and several injuries involving rented scooters in Mexico.

Last edited:
I agree with GGUN I have been to Cozumel on 3 one week trips and have witnessed 4 accidents involing Gringos, broke my heart when I was 1st on an accident involing a 6year girl and her grandmother from a cruise ship.

GGUN we have not meet of course, hopefully someday on Coz we will, but I have great respect for you from reading your posts and was sadden to hear the scooters have affected your family over the many journeys you have made to Coz.

If you are on a budget: ferry to Playa, the turn left and walk until you find "collectivos" - vans that are VERY cheap. You can go to the ruins at Tulum and then a taxis to the beach. The beaches are nice and food and drinks inexpensive. Reverse to return to Coz.

Wet Wendy's for Margaritas & Stuffed Jalapenos

We really enjoy the tequila factory tour and have taken it several times. Punta Sur is nice, be sure to climb to the top of the lighthouse while there. Wandering about the main plaza and just looking around can be relaxing, renting a car and making the big loop around the island is fun especially if you stop over on the east side and enjoy the beaches.

Back
Top Bottom