shark-attack-victims-push-for-shark-protection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought there already wasa ban in the US on finning in the EEZ.....
United States Extends Ban on Shark Finning to Pacific Ocean

Yes they still catch the sharks, but if it's a ban on commercial sharking they're looking for, all that will result is lots of people trying to work around the ban. Think about other prohibited/restricted substances that sell for big bucks.

In the future I see factory ships in international waters processing fins from US ships that never enter port with so much as the suggestion of a shark on board. We'll spend a fortune on enforcement that will do nothing but keep already honest people honest.

It's cool that there are attack victims out there in favor of shark conservation, but i'd rather there were more businesspeople and shark-fin consumers.

On a seperate note, aren't there companies that make "artificial" shark fin? As i understand it the texture is the thing, restaurants just put the fins in reguar broth......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom