Whaleshark trip week of July 18-26?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1KWIK69,

Didn't mean to leave you out!! Have a great dive trip whatever you end up doing.

Looking at the Tank Ha web site and Eco tours again and remembering about the briefing we were given at Puerto Juarez, Cancun. Looks like the reason for briefing that it could take up to 3 hours to spot whale sharks...the speedboats are going to go where the whale sharks are...whether that is Holbox, Contoy, Muejueras etc.
Puerto Juarez gives them a central point to operate from to get where they need to be as fast as possible.

The boats let each other know immediately where the whale sharks are congregated and they head there. So, some boat is always spotter out in the ocean for whale sharks. So, most of these OPS can feel comfortable offering 100% guarantee of sightings!

Thanks for all the great info Mary!

P.S. Gawd! I took a look at your finger pic since someone in the other thread said you had uploaded it, and all I can say is YUCK!!!! :shocked2: And that's coming from someone that's seen my own left hand stuck folded backwards against my forearm after breaking my wrist in a motocross crash!

I'd be shocked if you had much use of it yet. Hope it gets better soon!

David

Thought I better keep this on the last page in case anyone's interested.

Roll call
Sign in below!

David (1KWIK_69)
Derek
Shirley
Greg (diverg)

Thanks for all the great info Mary!

P.S. Gawd! I took a look at your finger pic since someone in the other thread said you had uploaded it, and all I can say is YUCK!!!! :shocked2: And that's coming from someone that's seen my own left hand stuck folded backwards against my forearm after breaking my wrist in a motocross crash!

I'd be shocked if you had much use of it yet. Hope it gets better soon!

David

Oh lordy, you did make me laugh with that one! That must have been YUCK too.

The whaleshark trip was my first excursion out after I removed my own stitches.
Climbing up ladders to get into boats divng a week later was difficult to say the least.

Happy vacation to you all!

Thought I better keep this on the last page in case anyone's interested.

Roll call
Sign in below!

David (1KWIK_69)
Derek
Shirley
Greg (diverg)

Here is the last page again!

I was hoping that y'all would find a cheaper approach for us to learn from.

BTW, on renting cars...
Always get full insurance;

Get a car much bigger than you think you need;

And with Auto trans & AC!

Then check your car & paperwork closely on check-out & in; and

Watch the guy at the gas pump closely to make sure he zeroes the pump before pumping - a common scam!​
Last time we booked one just barely big enough for all our gear & luggage (true, we carry too much) and it fit ok, but it was underpowered - and while I have driven all sorts of manual shift vehicles since I was 12, I could not figure out how to shift to or back from the highest gear without this irritating alarm ringing every damned time :mad: which happened frequently between Topas.

Now THAT is impressive. I couldn't even finish reading your original post on the other thread...the mental image made me cringe! Owowowowowow

I could tell you how the steel pins got removed from my wrist but I don't want to gross everyone out. Lets just say there was a lot of tequilla and no doctor invoved! :shocked2:

Went riding the next day. :eyebrow:

I could tell you how the steel pins got removed from my wrist but I don't want to gross everyone out. Lets just say there was a lot of tequilla and no doctor invoved! :shocked2:

Went riding the next day. :eyebrow:

OMG...don't tell me you used pliers from the tool shed and did it yourself. You are more naughty than I am!! How is the arm by the way? Completely functional?

I was grateful for the Tylenol with Codiene I could get at the Farmacia. Nothing was going to stop me from swimming with those Whale Sharks!!

Mary

:confused: So often I forget which thread I am on...?

OMG...don't tell me you used pliers from the tool shed and did it yourself. You are more naughty than I am!! How is the arm by the way? Completely functional?

I was grateful for the Tylenol with Codiene I could get at the Farmacia. Nothing was going to stop me from swimming with those Whale Sharks!!

Mary

No pliers needed. Just a hacksaw blade for the cast and a little twist and pull.

The wrist works fine.

I'm more partial to ibuprofin and hydrocodone myself when absolutely needed! :)

Back
Top Bottom