June 29th Is anyone on Roatan right now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks Marcoa. I really appreciate your updates. :D
I have a suggestion for you - could you do a weekly post "this week on Roatan" or something like that? Then you can tell us what is going on, food stuff, diving, water temps and weather, etc. all in one place. I think everyone would really enjoy it.

robin:D

Do you mean the Galaxy ferry is not running between La Ceiba and Utila because of lack of customers? Do you know if the private charter ferry (Capt. Vern Fine) is making trips?
I ask because I'm due to arrive in a few weeks and plan to take either ferry from Roatan to Utila. Thanks

Have been on the island since the 9th, and everything is fine. There is no reason to cancel your trip here. We are staying at West End and having a great time (except for a bug we caught yesterday, but feeling better today). Curfew has been lifted, although it didn't affect us with an 11yr old along. Will finish up our open water certification tomorrow if we are all feeling better, \have been with Coconut Tree and they have been great. And Thanks Marco for letting us use your truck to haul bags, and Matt for driving us down and helping carry them.

Happyoyster,

Yep Capt. Vern is still running daily, watched them pull out this morning, so no problems there!
Not sure about the Galexy, but Utila Princess, for the last 3 days I believe it is, has dropped their morning return to Utila. So they do go over in the morning to La Ceiba at 6:20a, they just don't return to Utila till around 5pm.

Vern departs to Utila daily at about 1:00 pm from our dock. It's a great way to head to one of the other fantastic destinations here in the Bay Islands.

How long is the trip? And do you know what time he departs Utila? Thanks.

How long is the trip? And do you know what time he departs Utila? Thanks.
From an email w/ Cap'n Vern: "I leave Utila at 6:30AM... We arrive in Roatan a little before 11AM."
So it's Roatan to Utila 1pm, Utila to Roatan 6:30am.

From an email w/ Cap'n Vern: "I leave Utila at 6:30AM... We arrive in Roatan a little before 11AM."
So it's Roatan to Utila 1pm, Utila to Roatan 6:30am.

I didn't realize the transit took that long. Do you know who flies back and forth, and if it is a reliable service or whether schedule glitches are common?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom