Weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hurricane season stops Nov 1st i think. The worst weather is generally agreed to occur late September and thru October. The seas still quite warm around then.
If you get lucky a nice big storm'll hang out in the mid Atlantic and disrupt the trade winds for a week! Leaving the water mill pond smooth and crystal clear, on a rare few occasions last year you could stand right at the bow and quite, quite clearly watch the barracuda and rays running from the boat as she passed.....
November's pretty quiet for tourists (with the exception of Thanks Giving WKend) this year'll be dead!
Good luck!

We always go to Grand Bahama Island the last week of October and first week of November. The seas are starting to cool off and huricane season is supposed to be over with. Having said that we have been there for 2 hurricanes. No diving for a couple of days........but it's awesome afterwards!! Daytime temps are in the 80's and nightime in the 70's. Usually the water is about 82 when we get there and drops a degree or 2 while we're there.

We always dive with Grand Bahama Scuba. I don't think it gets any better than this!!

The Bahamas is a very long chain of Islands. I'm sure the weather is quite different farther south.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom