Cozumel in July 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The night dive was fantastic. I was scared to death and very apprehensive but did it anyway. Got to practice my skills and still had a good time. One of the people on the dive crowded in at all cost to see what the DM was pointing out. I stayed 10' above and back out of the way preferring to give others first shot at seeing the critters. This person came by me the first time and knocked off my mask with a flailing arm, I put it back on and cleared it and thought OK well it happens. A few minutes later the same person knocked my regulator out of my mouth and I had to do the sweep and find and replace it. OK now I am a little upset. I stayed back even further this time. Somehow this person managed to come by me again and this time kicked me in the jaw and almost knocked me out. I remained calm and didn't say anything. I would have thought that this person would have at least noticed somewhere along the line that they had kicked or in someway made contact with me as hard as the hits were but I guess not. When we go back on the boat one of the group escourts that was with us from the LDS came up to me and said "you look real upset and asked what happened, I declined to tell her but she told me to just sit down and relax for a moment and she would get my gear put away. The next day the escourt again asked me what happened and I told her but didn't say who it was. She then told me who it was and congratulated me on successfully getting my mask back on and clearing it. She had seen that but didnt see the other things that had happened. Before we left to go to the airport the person that had beat me up on the night dive had the nerve to ask me to email them the pictures I had taken during our trip. I just smiled and said I would. After they walked away, I threw the email address away and "forgot" to send the pictures. Made me glad I did a couple of extra pool sessions to practice my skills prior to going to Cozumel for my first OW dive.

Even with that, I still would without doubt do the nightdive again. I saw a spiny lobster that had what looked to be about a 5 lb tail, thoughts of a grill, some melted butter and lemon still haunt me when I think about it. Whole new set of critters out at night! Enjoy it and do the nightdive if at all possible.

Okay, who's going to Cozumel in July?

30 divers and snorkelers traveling with Adventure Dive & Travel, Springfield, Illlinois staying at Scuba Club Cozumel July 23-27 then transporting to Holbox for 3 days to visit the whale sharks. Newbies to advanced. First time visitors to Cozumel and some veterans as well.

Do you think we'll see a cruise ship:shocked2:

Dmoore19 - sorry to hear about that. I never understood how people could NOT feel that they whacked someone! It says alot about your patience.

Tandoorii - I arrive the 26th. There are a few others that are leaving on the 27th so we were going to try and plan an outing. I'm staying at Villablanca.

DiverG - soooo excited for you! Can't wait to get down there myself! We'll definitely have to have a few rockin' 'ritas when I get there!!!! Have a GREAT week diving!

Gear bag has been located.......8;30am tommorow on the beach yayayayayayaya...

Hurry up! I dove with your friend Kathy (Cathy?) today! Good dives!

So hard to read that statement with tears in my eyes. That's so good you girls hooked up. Cant wait to get on the boat with all you grrls. I will be on the island about noon. Are you up for a night dive at the Villa?, then fiesta........

There is a major thunderstorm over my house right now, I hope it moves on. Dont feel so good about Thor chucking thunderbolts at my jet.

One more sleep. It's my tenth wedding anniversary today. Best ten years of my life. Behind every great guy is a better woman. Beleive me I'm not that great, but she sure is! Hey, hey I'm talking personality here. :)

Congrats!

P.S. See ya around Villablanca on Monday!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom