Mares Warranty Registration?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

j1j2j38

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
I just purchased the Mares package #3 from leisurepro, and I want to make sure that I do warranty registration correctly. They told me that LeisurePro is now an authorized Mares dealer and that the Reg, Octopus, BC and computer should all have the full manufacturer warranty. I have the Mares warranty cards and I assume I send them to the Mares North America address, but the cards weren't stamped with a dive shop ID number. Is that an issue or do I just need my info, purchase dates and serial #s? When I go for service on the reg, can I take it to any authorized Mares servicer and get free parts under warranty as long as I keep up the annual service? Do I need to keep any proof of warranty? Once I mail off the cards, how do I demonstrate that the parts are under manufacturer warranty? Or do I need to have it serviced by LP? Also, on the Mares website it says the Abyss 22 reg has a 2 year service cycle, while the warranty card said it needs annual service. Which is correct? And finally, is this the correct mailing address to mail warranty cards:
Mares Diving Division of HEAD USA Inc.
One Selleck Street
Norwalk, CT 06855

Thanks for any insight!

Last edited:
Hi,

All you need to do is fill out the cards and mail them with a copy of your receipt. You should have a service book to keep records, but also keep your original receipt as proof of purchase. This is the key along with the service records.

Any authorized dealer can service your regulators and provide the parts. The service interval is an inspection each year and service every other.

Regards,

Phil

ok, thanks for the quick reply. So the regulator only needs to be serviced every 2 years even though there is a place in the book to mark service every year? I just want to make sure that if I take it to get inspected next summer but not serviced that the parts will still be covered under warranty when I take it in for a full service in 2 years even though there won't be a place in the book marked that I had it serviced after 1 year, since the 2 year service would be my first. Thanks!

When it is inspected, they should mark this in your book. If during inspection they find it needs to be serviced, they will do so and replace the service parts.

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom