Louisville diver looking for dive buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Charged

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Im a 28 year old married male working full-time and attending UofL part-time for Mechanical Engineering. I own all my own dive equipment. I recieved my OW certification via SSI in November '08 and I would like to pursue becoming an instructor. Im willing to do some travel for diving, so dont think Im only willing to dive around Louisville.

Hey there! Welcome to the KPP. There are many divers up your way. I come up there to FRP, on ocassion, as I can. Lately I've been kept quite busy with teaching classes & my technical diving, but I will dive with just about anyone (just look at cpntr133 & landlocked, for example:lotsalove:). J/K guys:D. I typically dive the quarry in Hopkinsville, KY (Pennyroyal). If you ever come down my way, feel free to look me up for a dive or 2. I'm usually there 3/5 weekends. I may try to get crpntr133 to come down here towards the end of this month for a little deco diving. I know it's been killing him. Anyway just let me know if you're coming & if I'm off from work, I'll be there.

Hi Tammy,
It looks like Pennyroyal is about 1.5-2 hours from Louisville. If you like, if you message me your phone number then perhaps we can make arrangments to make a dive happen there at Pennyroyal. Perhaps we can even make a big Scubaboard KY chapter "get together" out of it?

Hi Tammy,
It looks like Pennyroyal is about 1.5-2 hours from Louisville. If you like, if you message me your phone number then perhaps we can make arrangments to make a dive happen there at Pennyroyal. Perhaps we can even make a big Scubaboard KY chapter "get together" out of it?

Message sent. I sent you what dates will probably work for me & contact info. Hopefully will work for you also. Something to consider about Pennyroyal, is that it is on central time, meaning that a 1.5- 2hr (actual time) drive will basically be 3hrs. I live 1.25hrs from Pennyroyal mayself, but am in the same time zone. For a quarry, Pennyroyal ain't bad. It ranges in depth from a wade- in enrty to 115ft deep. The shallows have lots of things to see & I've gotten pretty good at navigating it, even in near 0 vis. The deeps, I'm not quite as familiar with, but know a couple of paths around. However, it is VERY cold down there. I'm not sure if you have your deep diving specialty or not yet. It's a whole other world down there. It's cold, but the vis is great (at 50+ft). Anyways, I look forward to meeting & diving with you.

I am OW. SSI certified me to 110', but I have only been to 45'. I am holding off on enrolling into the advanced course because I have new gear that Im trying to tune in and get used to. I feel I dont need to distract from my education by being preoccupied with locating a dump valve instead of paying attention in class. After a couple more dives Im going to enroll in advance.

Ive heard that Pennyroyal is a nice site. Several LDS go there for pleasure trips and course work. I would like to go.

I dove Falling Rock Park last week. It got a bit chilly at around 30'.

I have dove FRP 3- 4 times. In fact, the members of the KPP (Chris (landlocked) & Wally(crpntr133)) at FRP were some of the first people I dove with after my OW Certification. I'm in Owensboro, so getting to FRP is a bit of a trip for me, like Pennyroyal is for you. When I do go, I make it a habit to see some of my family who live there in Louisville.
Just to introduce myself a bit, I am a newer SSI OW instructor (certified in Oct.) & also working towards doing some technical diving (deco & cave diving). I have been diving for just over 3 1/2yrs & have 320 dives to date. I primarily instruct for Aquatech Dive Center in Evansville, IN , but also do a little instructing for Pennyroyal, when needed (both SSI affiliated). I work as a Control Systems technicain in a paper mill 1/2 way between Owensboro & Henderson.

By the way,... if you think FRP is cold in places, get below the last thermocline at Pennyroyal. It's a "refreshingly cool":D 42 degrees F year round below 60 ft.:rofl3: Crpnter 133 can tell you all about it, since last time he was there & we did a deep dive, his drysuit flooded.:rofl3: (Sorry Wally... I can relate).

Crpnter 133 can tell you all about it, since last time he was there & we did a deep dive, his drysuit flooded.:rofl3: (Sorry Wally... I can relate).

Some how, I missed that! :rofl3:

Sorry Wally.

Charged, I'm going to be in Bonaire for the next 2 weekends but I would be glad to dive with you at Pennyroyal on most weekends. I will tell you that I have dove with both Tammy and Wally and they are both great divers. You'll improve your skills by just diving with either one.

I'm late starting this season, I wonder if Joe at FRP will even remember my name? :confused:

I hope to get out there soon and I will be happy to show you around the place!

Im a 28 year old married male working full-time and attending UofL part-time for Mechanical Engineering. I own all my own dive equipment. I recieved my OW certification via SSI in November '08 and I would like to pursue becoming an instructor. Im willing to do some travel for diving, so dont think Im only willing to dive around Louisville.

I am nwly certified through SSI as well and live in Louisville also. My wife and I spend every other weekend down at Barren, but if I'm in town would be happy to dive with you out at Joe's.

Posted via Mobile Device

Hello everybody and sorry for not responding sooner. I have been working a new job and I have been bonkers lately. Anyhow, untill I gain some seniority at my job, my days off will be on weekdays. Any of you available afternoons during the week?

Back
Top Bottom