Louisville diver looking for dive buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am off weekdays from time to time. I work 12hr swing shifts on a 5 week rotation. It really just depends on what part of my schedule you're talking about. I will have some time off on the week days Aug 3-6th. I know we talked a little about it recently. If we went to Pennyroyal, they are closed on Mondays & Tuesdays. So,... that would only leave the 5 & 6th open to dive (I have to go back into work the night of the 7th, so that's out). If you're interested, let me know, I need to get some more practice in on my doubles before going back to FL to finish my full cave course. I'm also off the Wed & Thurs the next week, but I am supposed to conduct some OW check- out dives, if there is any interest. To be honest, weekday diving at Pennyroyal is much nicer. No crowds & the water isn't as stirred up as it is on the weekends. You can contact me here or at tstormwarning@yahoo.com .

Since Im the new guy at the job, Ive been getting random cooky days off. But I just gained my seniority so I put in a bid for W-Th as a primary and then M-Tu as secondary. For now, Im not high enough up the pole to be allowed weekends off.

Im going to post what I wind up getting as soon as I find out. Should be known by Monday.

OK now you have to stop posting about me!...ya right. The butthead has arrived.

Since my OT job has come to an abrupt halt (guess I shouldn't have told the foreman were he could pack his attitude) my schedule is more open. If we can string together a couple of days I might even be able to make a week day, or end, someplace. I am looking at buying another isolator so I can dive the 100's doubled. :) And we all know that you must get new gear wet ASAP.

Tammy I don't think you can relate. That cold water knew just were I didn't want it to go. It just pooled in the belly button and headed on south. Good thing I can tolerate a lot of squeeze.

Last edited:
OK now you have to stop posting about me!...ya right. The butthead has arrived.

Since my OT job has come to an abrupt halt (guess I shouldn't have told the foreman were he could back his attitude) my schedule is more open.

Did you tell him how to use a rectal thermometer? :rofl3:

LOL...ya pretty much. I walk on two legs and not four. Don't treat me like a dog.

Tammy I don't think you can relate. That cold water knew just were I didn't want it to go. It just pooled in the belly button and headed on south. Good thing I can tolerate a lot of squeeze.

I can definitely relate when I had the full suit flood (forgot to zip it all the way:shakehead:). What was worse is that I had to go down into the cold water, waiting for my students to join me, all the while the water seeped into every conceivable nook & cranny of the suit. After the students got down, I decided that they would swim to the shallow shelf where I could show them cramp removal & towing techniques:eyebrow: while I sheepishly zipped my suit the rest of the way:ermm:.

I got Mondays and Tuesdays off, everyweek...permenantly. These are my days of availability. Are any of you available these days? I recall that Tammy mentioned that Pennyroyal is closed these days. Therefore, is there another body of water to substitute? Of course Im willing to dive at FRP and whatever local waters there are in Louisville, but Im open to exploring. What other places you got down there Tammy? Anybody ever thought about "Land Between The Lakes"?

I work a union job, so Ill have to wait for my seniority to increase so that I can "win" the days off that I bid for.

The only other places I know of right off hand, is Mermet which is about another 1 1/2hr drive for you more than Pennyroyal & a 2 1/2- 3hr drive for me. There is also Martha's quarry near Nashville, but I've been told entry is difficult at best to get to the water there due to an on going problem between the quarry's owners. I'll be honest to say I can't remember what quarries are open/ closed what days. I really only know Pennyroyal's because I'm there all the time. As for LBL or another navigable water way,... I'm not set up for that (tow behind flag). I would personally want to dive with someone familiar with that body of water first, before trying it on my own.

Last edited:
Well, im purty late on the thread, anywayz...Ill be glad to join you sometime down at pennyroyal also, weekdays will be sucked up soon once i get my Cert. Im finishing my checkup dives right when school starts back... grr. college courses too, ugh. Fill me in when yall are going down sometime and ill join in, im local to louisville too.

Mitch

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom