Nemo Air Recall?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

c5diver

Contributor
Reaction score
my lds was informed of a recall on the nemo air dive computer. any idea what the repair time will be. its not on the mares website.

Mine told me the same thing but they hadn't gotten the details yet. Sadly, I don't need my computer until the end of August but hopefully it won't take long to get it fixed.

All,

Yes, we have contacted all dealers and any consumers that we have information on, requesting them to not use their Nemo Air until further notice. We have discovered an issue with some o-rings in the quick disconnect. Our engineers should have solution by early next week and we will then announce how to fix the issue. We expect it to be a simple fix and hope it can be done in the field.

Note: Since the PPE regulations have foreseen events like this (loss of air via the HP connection) and we do manufacture our products according to (EN250) a diver should not run out of air from a blown O-ring without having the chance to do a safe ascent.

Regards,
Phil

Wouldn't this be a great place to notify people of a recall ? :confused: I certainly haven't been notifed, but how could I. There wasn't a warranty card issued with my computer and :no: you can't regerster it in the Mares web page. Mine was sent to me by Mares under a warranty replacment six momths ago. I am pretty sure they have my info. Doing something with it may be another story. Hope this o ring issue is completed faster than the final dive pressure in the log book issue. That's pushing two years now. Thank God for my Prodigy.

Larry

I begin to doubt my purchase. It’s a great looking unit and I really like being able to see so much. My first dive out of the box it quits reading air pressure. It has been over a month and I have not gotten it back from being fixed and now something else that needs to be fixed on it. I hope this is a quick fix. I would like to actually use my Nemo Air because I did not see another computer out there that came close to it for features and readability.

What is going on with the o-ring fix. The Mares website has a post, detailing what is involved with the fix. My local dive store still has not officially heard from Mares to tell them how to fix the problem and what parts to use.
My local DS has left messages with the Mares sales rep but haven't heard anything yet. It's more than a little frustrating when you can't dive because someone at Mares is dragging their heels and not getting the info out there.

Hi Raynord,

Please PM me the name of your shop. Every dealer and (consumer on record) that purchased a Nemo Air has been called by our CS department. We have shipped out the replacement O-Rings last week along with instructions on replacing it. The new o-ring is Green, the old ones were either Black or Brown.

We will shortly post the consumer notice here and through all other outlets, but this must be done in conjunction with the CPSC.

You can either bring it to your local dealer or we can arrange to have it brought to us. The change only takes about 2 minutes to acutally do.

Hope this helps and sorry for any inconvienence this has caused you.

Best regards,

Phil

My local DS received the package of o-rings and details in todays mail so it looks like I will be back up and running tomorrow.
Thanks for the prompt feedback.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom