Florida Keys couple get prison time for lobster-poaching

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And the sentencing comes just in time, right before mini season! Nicely done! :D

I think they should allow "casitas", they provide habitat for marine life among othjer things. The commercial trappers annilate the lobster population near the natural reefs during the season.
Casitas aren't illegal everywhere, just in certain sanctuaries and marine parks.

WOW!!! Those people lost everything and I think that is AWESOME!!! They only got caught with that amount that time, but how many times before had they done this? One can only wonder??

Perfect timing for this article, right before the opening of mini-season. Maybe some people will think twice before they do something illegal. Oh, I forgot......most people who do this type of thing DON'T think ( and probably don't read either).

Perfect timing for this article, right before the opening of mini-season. Maybe some people will think twice before they do something illegal. Oh, I forgot......most people who do this type of thing DON'T think ( and probably don't read either).
Well I'd hope that one of the many news stations in the Miami area would give this a little airplay, with mini season right around the corner.

Did I mention that mini season is right around the corner? W00t! :D

Last edited:
The fed judge in this case actually made it worth while not to be a criminal. 30 months for poaching in my opinion is a good sentence. Now if we can just get fitting sentences for the drug runners, murders, and harden criminals in society.

MSPDiver-- We can't the prison system is full. --- HOWEVER --- as always I have a solution.

Taking an idea from Corporate American --- WE CAN OUTSOURCE it!! I am sure Mexico would be happy to house our prisoners at half the cost we keep them for!! Haiti has some nice cell space for rent too I bet!

I will even make myself available for monthly headcounts to be sure none got away. I'll fly in Playa Del Carmen stay a week or so then the consulate can send a car to pick me up drive me to the prison. I'll conduct the count then return to the hotel to tally the number for a few days then fly home. I would do this without pay, however all expenses must be paid.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom